NCC-1701 flies

Found this link that might interest some. The site is in Japanese so I have no idea what it's all about other than R/C aircraft. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Enterprise for a movie.

The Raven

The plan was published in one of Traplet mags a year or so ago. I kept my copy.

Surf to

Since the URL will probably come through bollixed, go to
go to "Aircraft Plans" then go to "Miscellaneous Plans".

It's at the bottom of the second page.

IIRC it's designed for a .40 glow engine.

According to the original article, the model flies very well albeit without much roll authority - it flies flat turns by design.

Lands very slowly with a decidedly high AOA.

The designer had to fudge a bit about the 'warp nacelles'. They're physically linked to the dish, but it's not all that noticeable.

Besides, you won't likely run into anyone who's seen the rider scale version . . .

Interesting model.

When my building table is cleared off One Of These Days . . .

Reply to
Fred McClellan

| | The plan was published in one of Traplet mags a year or so ago. | I kept my copy. | | Surf to |
URL seems good, but the site seems b0rked ...

| IIRC it's designed for a .40 glow engine.

The movie looks like it's an electric. Probably a GWS IPS power system? You can see the battery up front, underneath the saucer right up front.

I'm guessing that the saucer section does all the flying, with elevons at the back of it, and everything else is kept as light as possible because it doesn't do anything (except that the vertical parts will act like a vertical stabilizer) except muck with the CoG and look cool. | According to the original article, the model flies very well albeit | without much roll authority - it flies flat turns by design.

In this movie it's definately banking to turn. It doesn't have lots of roll authority, but it seems to have enough.

| Lands very slowly with a decidedly high AOA.

The AoA is very high all the time in the movie. It must have lots of power compared to it's weight to fly at all :)

| The designer had to fudge a bit about the 'warp nacelles'. They're | physically linked to the dish, but it's not all that noticeable.

I don't think that's the case in this movie. Or at least you can't see them even before it's launched.

| Interesting model.

Yup. I'm tempted to try and make a similar one ...

| When my building table is cleared off One Of These Days . . .

i.e. never :)

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Site is up as of 22:47 UTC 052504.

Mayhap I mis-read the original query. I thought the respondent wanted to know where to get plans for such a model.

The model in the movie doesn't look like it was derived from the Traplet plans, it looks a good bit smaller. The Traplet design is 23" across . . . wingspan, they call it.

The Traplet design appeared to meander about with a good bit more oomph, and the turns were indeed quite flat.

Which is what one would expect with the inertial dampeners in operation . . . for a change.

Reply to
Fred McClellan

After seeing this........mine just got cleared!!! I think a Romulan Praetor Heavy Dreadnought would be cooler looking or even a Klingon Bird of Prey..........but I need some help; how much mAh would disruptor banks draw????.....NiMh or lipos??? :-)

Seriously, this is would make a cool project. I clicked on airplane plans on the page......but.....comes up dead. Any help or links ect. would be appreciated.

TY Mike

Reply to
Mike R.

Drat !

I hate it when that happens.

The URL worked earlier today, now it's down.

Oh, well.

The main URL is

Try it again maybe tomorrow.

The route to the >'Nterprise < plan is via "Aircraft Plans", then "Miscellaneous Plans", and it's on the second page at the bottom.

Reply to
Fred McClellan

Fred McClellan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

you can also try:

the plans are in PDF format.

Reply to
Luis Rodriguez

Thanks Fred, i will give it a try Mike

Reply to
Mike R.

Thanks Luis, Mike

Reply to
Mike R.

If building such a project....and thinking Vulcan. Would it be logical to assume that a brushless warp core would be a good choice??? ;-)

Reply to
Mike R.