Need RealFlight help

I have a RealFlight V1.20.71 ( the original version) with the Real Flight Transmitter Interface . I installed the program and plugged in my JR XF421. I can not get the controler to register. I went to my computer and checked and the controler is listed but can not be found. The interface is plugged into my parallel printer port and uninstalled my scanner. My printer is connected via USB. I have a 5 year old HP Pavillion XE at 600mhz with 196 megs of ram. The program will run but the plane just runs around on the ground. Got any idea about how I can get my JR to work with the program.. tried all three modes, joystick, interface etc.

Reply to
SKYLANE42

Made sure your TX is not transmitting in PCM mode? It will need to be in PPM mode for any computer sim to work. Also what OS are you using? if it's Win NT4, Win2000 or Win XP you'll probably need a program update to get the controller to work if at all. AFAIK that version of Realflight was originally designed to be run on Win 95/98 and so has different methods of talking to hardware like your printer port.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

my radio is a standard JR FM. I am using Win98se

Reply to
SKYLANE42