Realflight question

I am considering selling my old version of Realflight due to the recent aquiring of G3, I have the Deluxe version with the G2 upgrade. I even still have the boxes. I wonder what would be a good asking price for this set?

Thanks

Reply to
RCDUDE

A buddy said he'd sell me his for about $65 but I watched a few auctions on ebay abd they mostly went for over $100. I bet if you go ebay you'll get $100-$150. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

sounds good, I actually think I will start at $100 shipped and see how it goes.

Thanks

Reply to
RCDUDE

Reply to
RCDUDE

Technically if you got an upgrade deal rather than a full deal it's not legal to sell the older copy, but I doubt anyone will know..

Reply to
Gavin

| On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:50:09 -0600, "RCDUDE" wrote: | | >sounds good, I actually think I will start at $100 shipped and see how it | >goes. | | Technically if you got an upgrade deal rather than a full deal it's | not legal to sell the older copy, but I doubt anyone will know..

Of course, Real Flight/Knife Edge never offered a G2 to G3 upgrade, so ...

(They did offer a $20 or so rebate to G2 owners who bought G3 for a short period of time, but that was more insulting than anything else, and is a large part of why I don't have G3 now.)

As for the legalities of selling upgrades, I doubt it's anywhere near as simple a you make it sound, and the `correct' answer probably depends on who you ask and which country you're in.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

well I was not fortuate enough to get in on the rebate offer. What I have is the RF Deluxe with a G2 upgrade. making it every bit a G2. I am only looking to sell this as I have just recently aquired g3 and was fortunate it runs well on my machine, and have just now ordered the expansion pack for it.

Laters

Reply to
RCDUDE

I bought my G2 used off E-bay with 3 of the addon discs. Previosu owner just had to send KE an e-mail informing them he'd sold it and I was able to register it under my name.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

it's as simple as that, if you upgraded your licence is based oin the fact you had a licenced copy of the old verwsion, if you don't then you don't have a licence for the new copy.

As I said I doubt anyone will know.

Bit like the people who buy OEM software, unles you buy it on the terms the vendor sets (ie Microsoft say a non peripheral bit of hardware ie a Hard disk but not a mouse) you don't have a licence to use it, but not many people really follow the rules...

Reply to
Gavin