The AMA vs the SFA

The subject of the old SFA(Sport Flies of America)came up at the field the other day and there were differing memories on what happened and who did what. We did at Google search of this NG and found a thread from 1998 but that provided little info.

Can any one provide more info on what the whole thing was all about. We seem to recall the name of the SFA president to be Elliot Janss.

Anyone recall any details?

DS

Reply to
dead stick

Lots. See 'em all here--and you can do another google search on "Sport Flyers" to see more:

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

While I never much paid attention to the SFA, it would be good that there is a credible second option. Competition works. I suspect at the current AMA dues rate if they continue to increase, some organization will come forward. If one of the major insurace companies were smart they would start it.

Phil

dead stick wrote:

Reply to
Phil

Have you ever looked at the digs the major insurance companies call home? The profits from the nickel and dime hobby insurance wouldn't pay to keep the door knob in the front lobby polished. :-)

And if you want an alternative there is the UMA. There you can pay less for insurance (if its any good) and not have to worry much about any other benefits.

Red S.

Reply to
Red Scholefield