3d navigation

In AutoCAD 2007, I start the orbit command, but the navigation mode is now set to "Fly" so that when I orbit the model by holding down the left button
and dragging and then releasing, I end up in "fly" mode. Then I right-click for the context menu, switch back to "free orbit" but it reverts back to "fly". In some way, I accidently changed the default to "fly" and after searching through help, I've turned up nothing on changing the default.
TIA, Pete