ANNOTATION LAYER NAMING?

When you make a "note" or "text" or "annotation" layer do you group it with the type of plan it will be in? For example would you name your "text,note, anno" layers A-RCP-ANNO, A-SITE-ANNO and A-ELECT-ANNO etc.... So they are grouped with each type of plan they are in... or do you prefer all the annotation layers to be grouped together in layer manager example A-ANNO-RCP, A-ANNO-SITE, A-ANNO-ELECT.

please state your preference and why. Thanks

Reply to
fujka

S. Scalise

To me layering is primarily about controlling visibility. The situation where I want to display a group of layers WITH the annotation related to them is far more frequent than that where I want to see ALL the annotation on a drawing or not, so I use the first hierarchical approach. Of course, with the right wildcards, either will work, so we're not talking about very serious differences of opinion on this matter.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich