Autocad blocks

Hi there. I'm looking for a bunch of blocks for Autocad of various building footings. If I'm working on a concept plan, it'd be nice to be
able to just 'drop' a block of a building footing in instead of wasting time on drawing building's over and over.
Any suggestions?
I've searched google and found some, but no 'all-in-one-package'. Even if it isn't free - I'm looking for now.
Does anyone else have this kind of problem (not that it's a problem)?
Thanks,
Jon email: jwhalen at terraingroup dot com
Of all the things to block, especially when doing "conceptual work", footings would be near the bottom of my list. Why not make your own if it's a problem for you? I have detailed sectional blocks of certain assemblies that I use repeatedly, and then I explode them and "make'em fit", but they are "construction drawing" level graphics. For conceptual work a fat outline does it for me.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

I guess 'footings' was the wrong term for me to use. Yes, RECTANGLE will work, but when designing seven or eight different options, a lot of my time is used by sketching different buildings. I meant their outlines (or footprint) not necessarily the footings.
Jon
@#&!!!!!!!!!! (Serves me right....)

<snip>
why not simply use RECTANGLE ? After all your not ready to design it with keyways or rebar yet. So that leaves a rectangle, doesn't it ?
Brian

hi John, try to use Architectural Desktop...here you'll find a lot of buildings etc.... Do you have only Autocad without any package?
Greetings form Germany Thomas

TeeR wrote:

I'm using Land Desktop 3. The reason for this question is usually all I get from a client is a sketch of a building, sometimes they don't even know what they want. I figured it may be faster for me to have a collection of blocks to just drop in instead of re-drawing a building say six different times (for different options).
No big deal, I was just wondering if anybody knows of a place to obtain a collection of blocks. I've found some, but the more the merrier.
Thanks anyways.
-Jon
I would draw a rectangle under the wall, the top of the rectangle 2 - 3 brick courses (150 - 225) below the ground level and the bottom say 1.2m below the ground level.
The width, say 0.6m for a 2 storey domestic. With the note foundations to be specified by the engineer, or the other cop-out that is used is "Actual depth and size of foundation to the satisfaction of Building Control"
Regarding special foundations, Piles and ground beams, indicate a 500mm square rectangle, again 150-225 mm below external ground level
Pile dia. from 250 - 350mm.
Regarding RC detailing, I have over 300 blocks that enable me to construct RC details of Piles and Groundbeams very quickly.
Alan (Cadalot)