Borders on raster image

Hi all,
AutoCAD R14: Does anyone know how to make the border on a raster image invisible. I'm trying to place some images into my drawing that have a white
background. When the image is attached & droped into the drawing a border is placed around the image, the colour of which is bylayer so this appears black. I've tried making it white but this still appears as black both in the drawing & as print. I've checked the properties & can't find a way to turn the border off. Any ideas?
TIA
gaz
HiHo; Try "IMAGEFRAME"

I've
&
border
perfect
thanks

drawing
Go to modify drop down. Choose object/image/frame then type off. This will turn the frame off - you must turn the frame back on to edit.