Defpoints problem

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had this same problem, On certain Cad Drawings, if I place a Viewport on the "Defpoints" layer, the Viewport becomes locked (in a sence). After being placed on that layer, I can't select it, to move it around, and also, Can't select it to even check the properties. The only way i've found to "fix" the problem is creating a completely different layer, and then hiding it when needs be.(Although I hate doing that)

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you kindly, Dan S.

Reply to
Dan S.

This will happen sometimes when 0 is turned off. There is a weird connection between 0 and defpoints.

If this still happens with both defpoints and 0 on, re-post.

Reply to
TomD

To avoid having to turn the new layer on and off, make it non-plotting.

If you go into your layers dialogue and find the new vport layer. you'll see that one of the icons to the right of it looks like a printer. If you click on that a red circle with a line through it will appear over the printer symbol. This means that the layer in question will no longer plot: irrespective of whether it is on, off, frozen or thawed - just like the Defpoints layer behaves.

Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis