Help - reference files

I would appreciate some help..... My new drawing of a small building has coordinates 0,0 at its bottom left corner. I am now trying to xref in a site plan, but the site plan has coordinates of

500,000, 500,000 ish. I think it is based on the UK national grid and my site is near London I tried the new - ucs command on the site plan to make it 0,0, but when xref'd in to my new drawing, the site plan disappeared. I also tried the AutoCAD help - but I don't know what question to ask!!!! Thanks in advance David
Reply to
David

Use the command "base" to set the zero point on the site plan. It should then xref in fine.

Reply to
CW

Zoom Extents. The Xref is just very far from the building. You will need a method to "register" the two things together correctly.

MichaelB

----- Original Message ----- From: David Newsgroups: alt.cad.autocad Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 1:37 PM Subject: Help - reference files

I would appreciate some help..... My new drawing of a small building has coordinates 0,0 at its bottom left corner. I am now trying to xref in a site plan, but the site plan has coordinates of 500,000, 500,000 ish. I think it is based on the UK national grid and my site is near London I tried the new - ucs command on the site plan to make it 0,0, but when xref'd in to my new drawing, the site plan disappeared. I also tried the AutoCAD help - but I don't know what question to ask!!!! Thanks in advance David

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Reply to
David