Help - reference files

I would appreciate some help..... My new drawing of a small building has coordinates 0,0 at its bottom left corner. I am now trying to xref in a site plan, but the site plan has coordinates of
500,000, 500,000 ish. I think it is based on the UK national grid and my site is near London I tried the new - ucs command on the site plan to make it 0,0, but when xref'd in to my new drawing, the site plan disappeared. I also tried the AutoCAD help - but I don't know what question to ask!!!! Thanks in advance David
Use the command "base" to set the zero point on the site plan. It should then xref in fine.

of
Zoom Extents. The Xref is just very far from the building. You will need a method to "register" the two things together correctly.
MichaelB www.michaelbulatovich.ca
----- Original Message ----- From: David Newsgroups: alt.cad.autocad Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 1:37 PM Subject: Help - reference files
I would appreciate some help..... My new drawing of a small building has coordinates 0,0 at its bottom left corner. I am now trying to xref in a site plan, but the site plan has coordinates of 500,000, 500,000 ish. I think it is based on the UK national grid and my site is near London I tried the new - ucs command on the site plan to make it 0,0, but when xref'd in to my new drawing, the site plan disappeared. I also tried the AutoCAD help - but I don't know what question to ask!!!! Thanks in advance David
Thanks to CW and Michael for that - the BASE command worked a treat. David

of