HP Deskjet 1220c problem

I am trying to print on 11x17 paper using AutoDesk and also Autocad. This worked fine until a few days ago. Now the process gets stuck when
sending to the printer. The printer does a lot of small movments and then spits the paper out with nothing printed. I reinstalled the latest drivers from HP. Printing is fine in other applications. If anyone else has had this kind of a problem and resolved I would really like to hear about it.

I have that printer and have not had that problem. Is this the only printer/plotter you have hooked up? (I ask because it's probably most likely a software problem) When all else fails, unplug the printer power cord, wait 10 seconds then replug and try it.
Michael (LS)
I was going to mention shutting everything down as well but since it's working with other applications, that's probably not the answer. Sometimes HP drivers are not worth updating. I have run across several occasions when updating drivers for HP plotters / printers does more harm than good. I suggest unloading your current drivers and reloading the drivers that came with the printer. I'm using an HP deskjet 9300 which replaced a 1220c. (there really the same printer and their drivers are interchangeable) I actually used the old 1220c drivers for the 9300 for quite some time. I'm currently using driver version 64.33