Printing an Image

I am unable to plot an image in Acad 2000 to a HP 7580 plotter.
Is it possible to plot an image?
Can I convert it to another format and then plot?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Is the image in your drawing?? Chuck

No.
I inserted the image in a new page.
It is the only item on the page.

The problem may be your plotter...HP 7850 is a Pen plotter therefore Vector Format -- You need a Raster Plotter for Images and not all Raster Plotters print images
Scott Brackstone Cartographic Drafting
P.O. 650 Mt. Ommmaney Qld. 4074

You need the driver for your plotter set-up in autocad. XP Driver if using XP and so on. Ed Spearman

Isn't the 7580 a *pen* plotter?
If you check, I believe that images aren't possible on that device (see the AutoCAD plotter setup information). You'll need to plot to a "raster compatible" output device. ___

The plotter and plot driver must support plotting images. Pen plotters won't support images at all. Autocad only sees the image as a bunch of pixels (even if the image looks like linework).
You could trace the linework into autocad, or use a vectorization program to do the same (such as WinTopo).
-Tim