Printing an Image

I am unable to plot an image in Acad 2000 to a HP 7580 plotter.

Is it possible to plot an image?

Can I convert it to another format and then plot?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Ken

Is the image in your drawing?? Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Fleming

No.

I inserted the image in a new page.

It is the only item on the page.

Reply to
Ken

Isn't the 7580 a *pen* plotter?

If you check, I believe that images aren't possible on that device (see the AutoCAD plotter setup information). You'll need to plot to a "raster compatible" output device. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

The plotter and plot driver must support plotting images. Pen plotters won't support images at all. Autocad only sees the image as a bunch of pixels (even if the image looks like linework).

You could trace the linework into autocad, or use a vectorization program to do the same (such as WinTopo).

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Arheit

The problem may be your plotter...HP 7850 is a Pen plotter therefore Vector Format -- You need a Raster Plotter for Images and not all Raster Plotters print images

Scott Brackstone Cartographic Drafting

Reply to
Scott Brackstone

You need the driver for your plotter set-up in autocad. XP Driver if using XP and so on. Ed Spearman

Reply to
ed spearman