Printing an Image

I am unable to plot an image in Acad 2000 to a HP 7580 plotter.
Is it possible to plot an image?
Can I convert it to another format and then plot?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Reply to
Ken
Is the image in your drawing?? Chuck
Reply to
Chuck Fleming
No.
I inserted the image in a new page.
It is the only item on the page.
Reply to
Ken
Isn't the 7580 a *pen* plotter?
If you check, I believe that images aren't possible on that device (see the AutoCAD plotter setup information). You'll need to plot to a "raster compatible" output device. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
The plotter and plot driver must support plotting images. Pen plotters won't support images at all. Autocad only sees the image as a bunch of pixels (even if the image looks like linework).
You could trace the linework into autocad, or use a vectorization program to do the same (such as WinTopo).
-Tim
Reply to
Tim Arheit
The problem may be your plotter...HP 7850 is a Pen plotter therefore Vector Format -- You need a Raster Plotter for Images and not all Raster Plotters print images
Scott Brackstone Cartographic Drafting
P.O. 650 Mt. Ommmaney Qld. 4074
Reply to
Scott Brackstone
You need the driver for your plotter set-up in autocad. XP Driver if using XP and so on. Ed Spearman
Reply to
ed spearman