titleblock infomation

Would you enter title block information as a preformatted block with attributes, a preformatted block with just text and explode it if you need to edit, or just enter the information as text? Also, what about standard notes, revision information and BOM?

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

One more thing ,would you draw the title block for each drawing, insert it as block or insert it as an xref?

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

I use both sometimes... there is NO standard way. Just what seems to work for you (IMHO).

Also, what about standard notes, revision information and BOM? I have a block for Revisions as it is (for me) just Rev. #, Date and Revision Description. So attributes work.

Again (for me), I use both... If I have a Revision change for ALL drawings, a Block is more useful (especially if you have a lot of drawings). But If I issue ONE drawing, then I usually insert a block for that drawing.

Just no set way from my point of view...

Regards,

BruceF

Reply to
BruceF

Our titleblocks are all xref drawings. I can't tell you the number of projects whose title changes 1/2 hour before the pdf's are to be made and sent for printing. For us, it saves a lot of time and headache and everything looks the same from one drawing to the next.

On the xref drawing itself: project name, address, project number - there could be several, ie: clients proj. number, arch's proj number and our project number. Date of issue. Logos. Things of that nature.

Items unique to a drawing, but part of the titleblock: Drawing number, sometimes a drawing file name. The sheet title: Floor Plan - Electrical, Plumbing isometrics, etc. Initials of who worked on the drawing. And also revision notations, because each drawing may be revised at a different time.

That is what we do and the why of it. Th> Would you enter title block information as a preformatted block with

Reply to
Janice G