Can I buy an answer?

I would have to grind the end mill flat (needed to be flat) & the hole was 1.200 deep 1.100 was done with a reg 3/16" drill.

Reply to
Why

Did they wander around, looking for the RS-232 ports? And did you have to explain that the "cams" were not "computer aided drafting"? And that offsets were changed with a 6mm wrench?

Reply to
Tom Accuosti

DD:

I'm left handed, but grinding left hand drills is downright UNNATURAL! I'm sure it would take some serious practice before I got the hang of it.

Reply to
BottleBob

That was back in XT days. Couldn't tell you if they even owned a computer, and IIRC, CAD for the general user was futuristic.

They did want to know if they could cut their own cams:-/ Sure you can, but don't use that pedestal grinder.=20

BTW, not trying to be nit picky, but you use a 6.5mm wrench on the Tornos:-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Stawicki

If he sold B&S machines they would have to buy the "offset" tool kit of 5 brass hammers of different sizes. They are marked .001 .005 .010 .015 & F-IT...

Reply to
Why

=46-IT. LOL! Now that was funny:-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Stawicki

That's right - bastards wanted you to buy Tornos tools instead of Craftsman.

Reply to
Tom Accuosti