cimitron or UG...

Now ya started! Again Remember the "Dump yoru CAM & get Cimatron" thread? A Cimatron guy will always take Cimatron. Likewise with UG. Not sure about Cimatron Elete, but IT13 will run graphic commands as you stated with the 3button mouse. No sweet. Zoom, Rotate Pan + more. There is very little keyboard or menu pick usage for graphics, besides typing in dim.s. IT13 runs on the 3button mouse & combinations of the buttons do different, very intuitive things! Its like second nature after a while. If some one asked me what does what, I'd have to think about it a while. Never seen another system like it. The funny part that always puzzled me, IT13 will run on a bare bones system! load & shade complex 3D data! Not very fast but it runs. Damn software writers were geniuses?

Reply to
cncmillgil

On 1/16/2010 5:35 PM, vinny wrote:\

Come on vinny, think out side the box..

tnik

I'm sure both will cut a good part, but in Cimitron I keep finding things it "won't" do. To date I found Nothing UG can't do.

The latest is I wanted to customize the mouse, so the right click is

3drotate, and the scroll wheel is a zoom in/out. Nope...can't do it.

But if you hold down ctrl then is does it? But sometimes I'm leaning back in my chair thinking, rotating, zooming...I don't want to have to use 2 hands...and at home...I could have a beer in my hand, how am I supposed to work two things and hold a beer?

Jeesh, the scroll wheel is like a universal zoom, like a power tool.

So far...UG all the way.

I hope this post provokes a "my system is better than your system" thread. There's a bunch of things this stuff won't do, plus it's slooooowww. It processes slow and the graphics is slow.

Reply to
vinny

Now ya started! Again Remember the "Dump yoru CAM & get Cimatron" thread? A Cimatron guy will always take Cimatron. Likewise with UG. Not sure about Cimatron Elete, but IT13 will run graphic commands as you stated with the 3button mouse. No sweet. Zoom, Rotate Pan + more. There is very little keyboard or menu pick usage for graphics, besides typing in dim.s. IT13 runs on the 3button mouse & combinations of the buttons do different, very intuitive things! Its like second nature after a while. If some one asked me what does what, I'd have to think about it a while. Never seen another system like it. The funny part that always puzzled me, IT13 will run on a bare bones system! load & shade complex 3D data! Not very fast but it runs. Damn software writers were geniuses?

**************** On your version of cimitron, you can set the mouse to zoom/pan/rotate without pressing a ctrl key at the same time? I'm using cimatronE9sp1, and lets just say I can't drink my beer and rotate the part at the same time. However, I guess one could use a usb keyboard, remove all the keys but 1 ctrl key, plug it in, and drop it by your feet. Then you could drink a beer with one hand and rotate with the other pressing your homemade foot pedal.

Seriously, all joking aside... Lets say you have a spaceball on your left side, and a mouse on your right. Used together it turns into one badass viewing machine. Seems like a major limitation not being able to use both simultaniously?

Reply to
vinny