Survey: AMC Newsgroup Access

To All:

*IF* your ISP AND Google Groups canceled newsgroup access would you search out other avenues of access. [ ] I would go to any extent to continue access to amc. [ ] I wouldn't bother, amc is no longer worth the trouble. [ ] I wouldn't bother because of amc, but there are other newsgroups that I would like to continue reading. [ ] Other.

Comments:

Reply to
BottleBob

I would get access to a.m.c. if there were no more surveys.

Reply to
ff
[ ] I would go to any extent to continue access to amc. [X] I wouldn't bother, amc is no longer worth the trouble. [ ] I wouldn't bother because of amc, but there are other newsgroups that I would like to continue reading. [ ] Other.

Comments:

AMC is worthy of a view, but at what point do we simply say "newsgroups are dead or dead enough to abandon? I mean... BBS systems are all but gone and I spent hours going to them and running them... But you won't see me logging into any anytime soon.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Reply to
Michael

Reply to
Steve Mackay

I visit other groups, none as much as amc. AMC is still viable in my opinion with heavy filtering. I think that this group could improve if everyone lightened up on the "he said she said", or the "my dick is bigger than yours" type of posting.

If my small local ISP drops this group I would probably go to Practical Machinist. I find the posting to be clunky there, but there is certainly more on topic discussion going on there and forums for political type stuff as it relates to business.

Reply to
Garlicdude

It might be interesting to see exactly what percentage accesses usenet from an ISP supplied server, or google, and what percentage is already using other avenues.

Reply to
sittingduck

The problems with amcnc are not the problems of the machinists who have come here for years but the *non-machining worthless bastards* who have no identity and have taken up here to troll. Poor ignorant types who don't even understand how to go to the appropriate newsgroup to find their "on topic" discussions areas. Seems they come here to fester and expand upon their dislike of everything. How did we get so lucky to be graced by these "always off-topic cross-posting morons". To be honest, the only reason I come here anymore is to see if one or two of our resident trolls might have died or if *ctrl-c ctrl-v* changes blog sites more than 3 times in a week. *ctrl-c ctrl-v*, lol, unquote.

Other than that, there is nothing to come here for anymore.

Any celebration is on hold until deaths are announced.

Reply to
Michael

Reply to
Mike Henry

Possibly nbot *ANY* extent, but would definately explore alternatives. My local ISP dropped newsgroup access some time ago and would not allow remote [i.e. not directly logged into to their site] access, so I use news.individiual.net out of Germany [Berlin Free University]

good access and they allow remote access. Prices seem reasonable.

I find that there is a good mix of technical and business information on AMC, as well as some interesting socio-political/economic insights, along with the BS -- a lot like life.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Well since my isp doesn't "provide access" per-se and since I rarely use google then pretty much I dont give a flying rat's ass either way except to the extent that if / when google should discontinue allowing injection via their web interface then I would view this as just cause for at least a minor celebration--at a minimum it would significantly curtail what is probably the one largest source of pure unadultered usenet spam that presently clutters all of usenet.

Reply to
over a barrel

Yes

Reply to
brewertr

It's long past time that a regular with a clue (that's not you, Bob.) start a moderated forum. I've said as much for many years in this newgroup.

SVL, BD, Garlicdude, Dan Murphy would all do a much better job than your favorite Practically Worthless Machinist. It's only your favorite because of how desperate you are for something better and your finally getting surveyed out.

Get off your lazy ass and do something like I have.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Trying to start another forum you can get banned from?

LOL, Tom

Reply to
brewertr

And such a fine job you have done Larry.

Reply to
brewertr

Yes.

Reply to