Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking to contract out part
I have a customer who wants to drill 300,000 plus holes in a part. They are small and close together but not incredibly hairy... He has a few hundred parts to do after an initial test run. I can...
2
2

Can you hardturn?
If you can...please spill yer guts. I'm about to embark on a hardturning cruise, and I could use some pointers. So far...I'm not using coolent1..but should I hook up an air blast? Also, I can...
5
5

Best grease to use for a chuck rebiuld?
I got the chuck from my lathe all apart, needs a good cleaning . I have it off the make put on the 5C closer. Whats the best grease to use? From the kitigawa site it seems they recommend the black...
10
10

cutter comp on lathe
I was going through old posts, found G42 is for OD turning. Does it matter is the tool is LH cutting edge up or RH with the cutting edge down, Slant bed lathe with turret behind chuck centerline....
11
11

Machine warm up
We've been having trouble with inconsistent parts throughout the day. The cuts vary within a range of about 0.003" on diameters. This is a Daewoo Puma 200MS lathe. Today I started measuring...
10
10

Optical Camouflage
To All: Is it trick? Or a trick? :) And for metalworking content - How do you machine a brick you can't see, eh?
13
13

My Recent Trip and some metalworking Thoughts...
As some of you might know, I just took a trip to Ghana, Africa. Spent some time looking for metalworking machinery and services and basically found that unless you are in the city, the metalworking...
5
5

Cut my first thread
Been busy at the shop, not much time to learn the new machine. The Hyundai is alive and running, cut my first part, turned a diameter and put on a 1/2-13 thread. Still some work to be done figuring...
1
1

Pull studs for BT40 tooling
Readers, I have no less than (12) new pull studs, still in boxes, that fit Cat40 tooling for a Haas mill. Considering the mill I acquired came with no tool changer, and that I managed to buy a small...
6
6

Turn + groove combination tools.
I have a 6061 turned part that I want to make more efficient. The OD is produced by turning with an 80=BA insert, then plunging with an indexable cutoff tool, then using a small grooving tool to...
2
2

KMX-20
If anyone has any information on KMX 20's for sale let me know. Thanks DB

Water jet cutting
Awl -- is a neat article on water jets, showing 5 axis cutting. But they comment that water jet cutting can be done with water alone, *without abrasive*, achieving much finer cuts. Abrasive cuts vary...
38
38

Drill chucks
Im sorting through my various drill chucks, setting the ones I need at each machine, and cleaning up the rest. So far Ive come up with 20+ chucks that are in good working and generally very good...

Anyone need Drill chucks?
Ive been cleaning out my various bins, drawers and cabinets, getting stuff togther for the big Clausing 15x40 lathe and whatnot,,,and keep finding drill chucks. Ive got chucks with #1 MT spuds all the...
16
16

Cleaning up the shop
This is what Ive spent the last couple days doing..then it flooded. Shrug. Only a couple inches deep though as it passed through Before... back out in just a few minutes. There is slightly more than...
69
69