plc program

Hi group,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with obtaining a copy of PLC7 or another program for programming a PLC because i'm doing a project for
school about PLC.
Thanks

From your newsgroup list I guess you are not talking about
"Patrol Leaders' Council" (a Scouting group)
but are talking about
"Programmable Logic Controllers"
and you are not talking about a Scout training program but are talking about a control software program. It further appears you want
VIPA PLC7 Software
or some other
Programmable Logic Controller software.
You are more likely to get what you want if you ask for it.
I would suggest contacting your local Technical Institute or Community College or a local Engineering College or large company with manufacturing processes. You will also need to specify what PLC you will be controlling or if you want to borrow one of those also.
Good Luck!
Stephen Henning wrote:

Since he cross posted to rec.scouting.usa and mentioned that it was a "school project" I'm going to guess he's in middle/high school. He might contact local council to get list of merit badge councilors for radio/electronics related merit badges( don't know which one as I've been out of Scouting for > 30 years). They would be local and used to answering/asking the "right" questions.

Since he probably is in Holland (Jeroen Van Vove and nl.hobb.elektronica), I think he is hoping such a MB counselor is on line and listening. Anyone out there?
Download a DEMO version, many brands offer.
jeroen van hove wrote:

Hi soepkip, ten eerste is dit een gewoon Nederlands groepje en is wat jij voor engels wil laten doorgaan nou niet echt gesmeerd.
PLC7 ken ik overigens niet, tenzij je S7 van Siemens bedoeld. En dat is beschermd met rechten en mag niet zomaar gekopieerd worden. Lukt het je om toch aan de illegale software te komen zal je volgende dilemma de kabel (of zullen we liever over de kabels praten, want Siemens heeft een aantal verschillende kabels voor de type range) ... En die zijn niet zo makkelijk na te maken...
Ga maar eens googelen naar Hitachi PLC's , die hebben de software on-line staan, en na een mailtje of belletje krijg je een registratiecode van ze zodat je de volledige functionaliteit van hun pakket kan gebruiken. Met een beetje doorzoeken vind je ook nog eens de kabels en pinbezettingen en steker typen voro Hitachi....
: Hi group, : : I was wondering if anyone could help me with obtaining a copy of PLC7 : or another program for programming a PLC because i'm doing a project for : school : about PLC. : : : Thanks : :

Zeg /dev/007, "dit" is geen nl-groepje, dit is een lijst van groepn (comp.arch.embedded, nl.hobby.elektronica,rec .scouting.usa, sci.engr.control), waarvan wel helemaal n in het Nederlands.... De wereld is groter dan je denk....
Meindert
Meindert Sprang wrote:

and there's room for many languages in it. Why only English?
Jerry

Jerry Avins wrote:

Simply because it improves your chances of getting a meaningful answer. Usually there are similar language specific newsgroups available for other languages. At a guess, the above is Dutch. There are somewhat more users here with a reasonable command of English than of Dutch.
CBFalconer wrote:

Follow the thread. OP asked in English, but it was clear that Dutch was his native tongue. He was answered in Dutch, which probably made it easier for him, and maybe also for the answerer. You "corrected" him, and I wondered why.
Jerry

Jerry Avins wrote:

A usenet thread does not exist only for the benefit of the original poster. The point of using a public forum is that it spreads knowledge around - to the original poster, to any others reading the thread, and (in the archives) to future readers. An answer given in English is of more benefit to a wider audience than one given in Dutch. It is also clear that the original poster has a solid command of English (I've yet to meet a Dutch person who hasn't) and should have few problems understanding answers in English. But when someone answers in Dutch (or any other language), it means other people can't understand the information given, and other potential helpful posters can't comment and correct or expand the answer.
So, following the thread, the OP asked in English on international newsgroups standardised on English (presumably after having looked at the groups before posting, and understanding they are English-language). Thus replies should naturally be in English. It was a mistake to cross-post to a Dutch newsgroup - I'm sure they would have preferred the original post to have been in Dutch, and for the thread to have remained in Dutch.
David Brown wrote:

There's logic in your position, but I don't think one needs to be uptight about it. Maybe I'm too sensitized by a past experience.
Once, in another technical newsgroup, a question posted in such poor English that it couldn't be reliably decoded was followed by one in Italian from the same poster. I forwarded that one to a friend for translation, but before I could post the friend's response, there was an angry post from some dude along the lines of "This is America! If you don't know the language, get out." I responded, "This is usenet, an international forum. If you can't abide foreigners, get out." He may have taken my exhortation to heart. We didn't hear from him again.
Rick Lyons (the DSP author) once remarked that he had been taught to look down on those who couldn't speak English without an accent. He did that until one day he realized that they all spoke at least one more language than he did. Sometimes, new respect comes in a flash.
Jerry

Jerry Avins wrote:

It's easy to get worked up about this sort of thing on usenet - after all, just look at the heat a top-post or poor google post can generate!

There are two things that annoy me particularly on usenet - posters who assume readers are American or in America (only American's would give an address or telephone number without bothering to include the country), and posters who write in SMS code. Poorly written English is not a problem, and is perfectly understandable from non-native English speakers.
I do think that, in general, international newsgroups are best kept in English. Occasionally it can make sense for a post to be in a different language - depending on the posters' English skills, it may make a big difference to their understanding. But I think in that case it is polite for the poster to include a remark in English explaining the post, for the benefit of the majority of the newsgroup's readers.
med vennlig hilsen,
David

If someone feels more comfortable answering in a language that both he and the OP understand, is there any reason he should shut up and get the hell out of here? Maybe, just maybe, he should have restricted the cross- posting of this answer to only the Dutch groups, but it seems silly to not give an answer because someone else may not understand it immediately (but can understand with the small effort of using a dictionary).
- Met vriendelijke groet,
Maarten Bakker.
snipped-for-privacy@panic.xx.tudelft.nl wrote:

A friendly greeting back to you!
Maarten,
I can usually interpret written Dutch fairly well by reading it aloud as if it were German, and listening to what I say as if it were mostly English with a little German or Yiddish. Weird, I suppose, but it usually works.
Jerry

Jerry Avins wrote:

I see that point too. Fortunately, there are no hard and fast rules to abide by (other than "thou shalt not top-post" :-) Perhaps a brief remark in English, along with the post in Dutch, would have made it clearer to everyone.

My German is pretty poor, but I find knowing Norwegian lets me understand some written Dutch. I haven't tried reading it aloud, however.
mvh.,
David

Because it's the largest common denominator?
Funny enough, although I'm Dutch, I write all my comments in my code in English. To me this feels more natural than writing Dutch comments behind English statements...
Heck, even the manuals I write for my products start out in English, then I tranlsate them in Dutch...I know, weird...
Meindert
Meindert Sprang wrote:

I suppose if you were exceptionally nationalistic you could use a series of #define statements:
#define for onder // just imagine that I'm actually #define if als // using the correct translations here, #define while terwije // eh?
etc.
--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Yuck.. ;-))
Meindert

That is a very reliable way to write very lousy Dutch manuals, but you probably knew that already ;-)
- Met vriendelijke groet,
Maarten Bakker.