plc program

wrote:

then I

Well, you would have to havethe Chinese as intermediate language first, I suppose....
Meindert

That would work very well for vacuum cleaner's users manuals indeed :-P
- Met vriendelijke groet,
Maarten Bakker.
In comp.arch.embedded snipped-for-privacy@panic.xx.tudelft.nl wrote:

Not as long as the same person who, thinking in Dutch, wrote the English original, also does the translation back into Dutch.
The only reliable way of getting a truly lousy manual is to have it translated from the original designer's mother tongue, by people (or worse, machines) completely unburdened by any understanding of the subject matter. It translators people who don't actually understand the manual they were handed to translate in the first place, but still go ahead and "translate" it, to get a really lousy manual.
Meindert Sprang wrote:

Not weird; the mind compartmentalizes. Once, when I was 5 and thoroughly American, I wore a beret (with pompom) on a ferry trip across New York harbor. A cousin had brought it after a fisit to France. As I stood by the rail, a gust blew it into the water. In spontaneous dismay, I cried, "Oh! Mon chapeau!" I was amused when I heard what I had said, so maybe it's funny, even if not weird.
Jerry

At least your English-speaking customers will get English documentation. One of our clients has several pharmaceutical skids from France vendor. All of the comments in the A-B SLC-500 program are in French, except for the many alarm bits that have no description except for the symbol for the word they're in. I would have expected a bit more when spending a quarter million dollars US each on four identical units.
Mike
Mike Lamond wrote:

That'll teach 'em! Quality of documentation should be written into the procurement specs.
Jerry

Nog altijd beter dan wat de gemiddelde amerikaan er zelf van bakt. Het publiek wat dit leest is overigens grotendeels engelstalig.
To others: ignore this message.
--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)