Soft PLC recommendation

Hello, I'm searching for a Soft PLC application that will meet the following requirements:

1) Run under Windows XP. 2) Capable of OPC inputs 3) OPC Server either built-in or available via 3rd party for retreving data from HMI. 4) Tag persistence (capable of saving internal tag values and restoring on system restart. 5) Online editing.

Does anyone know of an application that would meet these specifications?

Regards, WH

Reply to
WH

Our software AUTOMGEN

can do 1-4. Online editing will be available quickly. Free 40 days trial version can be downloaded on our web site.

"WH" a écrit dans le message de news:_HGMc.34866$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com...

Reply to
Stéphane MASSART

ISaGRAF is very close to what you are looking for. XP control engine, Available OPC Server, tag persistence is done through a retain mechanism at every controller cycle and on-line editing is not quite supported, but ISaGRAF allows on-line changes to the application without stopping the controller. Hope this helps. Michel

Michel Kakos

Take a look at TwinCAT from a company call Beckhoff.

They also have great I/O. I've used TwinCAT on 10-12 projects over the last 6 years. It's an excellent programming enviroment and meets all of your requirements, though I've had a couple of problems with the persistent memory on a power failure, so I installed a UPS.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Thanks very much. I'll check it out.

-warren

Reply to
WH

Thank you Michel. We already use an older version of ISaGRAF for field RTUs so the environment is familiar. I didn't realize it would run on a PC platform. I'll check into this.

-warren

Reply to
WH