Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Anodizing
I am trying to find a source for precise anodizing. In particular I would like to fabricate some parts to restore a vintage watch bezel. Where should I start my search for a supplier of this type of...

Gloat contest
We are having a contest to see who has the best Gloat or deal. Post your gloat in our forum section the details and pictures of your find. Forum members will vote on each Gloat and the best one will...

Unique Spoon Ring *Please Help!*
My girlfriend bought a really unique spoon ring from a homeless man in San Francisco that was actually made from the "bowl" portion of the spoon to make a really wide full-digit ring. She had the ring...

Redesigned website and contest
We would like to welcome everyone to our redesigned website for tools, reviews and a community forum part of our redesign we are giving away over $200 in prizes see our forum for details
1
1

Machinery's Handbook Edition 14, 1949 for sale
I have a copy in used, good condition of "Machinery's Handbook" edition 14 1949 would like to sell for $20.00+ shipping If interested email

FS: Lincoln Arc Welder
Lincoln arc welder, 120volt / 20A input adjustable output, upto 75A/DC, overheat protection. well built unit, well looked after. great for home/rec use, meduim duty, like new condition. complete with...

Looking for thin braded metal security wire
I have a electronic device that I always worry about losing/disappearing of my desk. It has a small hole for a security wire, but none are sold. The unit is a HP Jornada 720 PDA. I went on the Jornada...
1
1

separating 'glued' metal
Hi all, I am not sure if this group can help me.... I am trying to separate a metal "cap" which is on a metal tube. the "cap" and the tube looks like they are glued together. The adhesive looks...
3
3

Gun Metal and Brass
I would like to turn some brass buckles on a leather briefcase into a gun metal finish. What product or kit should I get to do the job? Thanks, Michael

FA: Used 12" Buzz Saw Blades/Cotton Saws; Metal Crafts/Hobby Item
FA: Used 12" Buzz Saw Blades/Cotton Saws; Metal Crafts/Hobby Item eBay Mobile

Beware of Scam
Hi I am looking for anyone else scammed by Dave Munro This is so that the police can build a solid case against this person. His email address is His mailing address is David Munro 220 Paudash Road...
2
2

Will it bend - a question?
Looking for a simple explanation here :-) If someone can explain how to work out the following, I should be able to figure my actual problem. A lever is to be used to lift an heavy object. By...
1
1

Best way to knurl?
Is it best to sweep it across the area on each pass, gradually increasing the pressure, or is it best to focus on an area until the required depth is reached and then to shift to an adjacent area etc?...
1
1

Mom's can do it....

ACID QUESTION
Please excuse this question; I realize this must seem elementary but I am quite stymied and it entails a work related situation. Cleaning out a acid cupboard where I work there are several bottles of...