Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Custom milled part question
I need to have a block of aluminum milled such that a column is left protruding. In other words, a 1" tall block ,mill it down to 1/2" such that there is a 1/2" tall round column 1/4" in diameter...
10
10

antifreeze in oil, is this worth fixing?
I have a 2000 Dakota with a blown head gasket and abotu 1/2 gallon antifreeze in oil. The antifreeze has been in the oil for about 3 months but the truck has not been driven. It may have first started...
3
3

used smithy parts
Does anyone sell them? Thanks! DGH
1
1

looking to buy iron in Omaha
Newbie machinist looking for a good place to buy iron in the Omaha area. May also drive as far as Sioux City. Thanks! DGH
1
1

Best bandsaw blade for cutting 316 stainless bar
Hi Fellas, I've got to cut up a bunch of 0.5" 316-stainless round bar this weekend, and am looking for a good bandsaw blade that won't leave me cursing halfway through the job. I've hear Starret and...
4
4

AD: KNK for Sale
Klic-n-Kut Element. Less than one year old. Used around 4-5 times. Comes with all discs, KNK Studio Software, dongle, cutting mat, and wires. Also, still have the 1 hour class tutorial with Sandy...
2
2

Thinking
I am looking at buying a depth Mic. I have been looking at a Starrett 2-1/2 base 0-6" rods that do not rotate. I used a rotating rod type befor and was having trouble as the rod would walk off the...
8
8

HH60 final update:
Well, bought a carb kit and went through the carb. Even removed Welch plugs which is something I have never done. Then checked valve lash. Exhaust was perfect at .012. Intake calls for .008. It was...

Kearney and Trecker
Hi all : there is a low lead attachment on ebay for a 2ch I think just in case anyone needs one.. item Item number: 200293810153 begin 666 M1TE&.#EA" `(`)$``/___^_O[[.SO___R'Y! 44``,`+ `````(``@```(1...

Claim the world's smallest weld
I leared about from
1
1

Book Review
Machinists' Ready Reference 9 th. edition by C. Weingartner The book is 300 pages and has a lot of good information in it. Section 1 : Mathematical Information Section 2: Drills Section 3 : Tapers...

FA - minarik DC motor control - this may go way too cheap
if you can use a DC motor control, check this out - yes, I'm pushing my own auction but right now it looks like it will go way too cheap - some of you guys had wanted DC motor controllers - here's the...

Identifying metalworking parts
Hello all, I'm new to this newsgroup so please bear with me. I have a collection of metalworking tools, cutting wheels, bits, etc. that I inherited from my wife's grandfather. I have no idea what most...

Re: Aluminium price increase for Australia
Fuck them. We need a nuclear power plant or 6 yesterday. We already have a *huge* complex suitable for dumping millions of tonnes of nuclear waste. It's called "South Australia".
27
27

OT- Why do front brakes wear out faster than rears?
on every car I have worked on, from 1936 cadillac to a more modern 911, the front brakes are designed to absorb more energy. On cars with shoes, typically the pistons are larger diameter (for a single...
1
1