Any idea what "straps across" may mean ?

Hello, I have been reading an electrical manual in English, but written by a Swede. I found a phrase:

"Contact which straps acros the lock contact".

I could not find "to strap across" in any dictionary. Do you know what the author meant? That the contact is parallel to the lock contact ??

TIA, Tomasz / Poland

Spam trap in my e-mail address: "to_nie_ten_adres" -> "jakubwedrowycz"

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

It doesn't sound like english either but here is my guess. They mean it is the contact that completes the lock circuit. Maybe a little more of the context would help.

"Strap" sometimes refers to the flat metal spring a contact point would be mounted on in a switch or relay.

"Strap" can also be a connection on a terminal strip. When you "strap" a modem it means you are putting in jumpers or setting switches that configure it.

Reply to

Straps is also a term used for the cables between 2 way light switches

Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.