NFPA 780 Lightning Protection Design

Hello all:

Anybody use any special design software to do rolling ball calculations? (graphically) I Currently use AutoCAD.

Thanks. ~R

Reply to
R. Banks

Hello all:

Anybody use any special design software to do rolling ball calculations? (graphically) I Currently use AutoCAD.

Thanks. ~R

Reply to
R. Banks

No I do not. I follow UL-96a and install/design per the standard. Then get an inspection for the master label.

Reply to
SQLit

Reply to
R. Banks

I would be interested in viewing a pdf file of UL96a as well.

Thank you.

Louis

--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond

calculations?

Reply to
Louis Bybee

calculations?

No I do not, just in text. Bought it years ago when I was doing installations.

doc is based on 96A. I have done some work there. From what I found you can buy it from UL... >$500 Try your local library or science library at your local university. John Luke Perrier (spelling?), worked for ETI he does seminars on lightning protection. He did his masters and I believe PhD in lightning protection. Check with your local ETI office to see if he is still doing these. He is really good at explaining the concepts.

Reply to
SQLit