Plea for sense to prevail on this group

This used to be a really good group. It'd be nice to get it back to the way it was. At home I have generated a kill file as I use a proper
news reader and can thus filter out the 'noise'...but at work I have to use Google Groups as that is all the IT dept. will allow. To all those who like to use this group as a location for their slanging matches please note that this constitutes abuse of the group. I ask you to refrain from this practice. It is pointless and a waste of time and net bandwidth.
Daniel wrote:

Yes - well said. I agree!
--
MRDPE

http://TheProfessionalEngineer.com

Google Groups sucks to read Usenet because of the lack of a killfile. It is useful for checking old stuff or sometimes for a thread of a very busy topic.
This group is fairly low traffic once you killfile the abusers. Personally, if I were in your situation, I'd just check the group from home and not bother from work, unless you absolutely must see what strangeness Phil may have come up with in the last hour.
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:34:52 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@world.std.spaamtrap.com (Michael Moroney) wrote:

You dopes are the real prize this week.
Bwuahahahahahhaha! Such lunacy. This group doesn't get enough traffic to warrant any need for filters, you stupid dopes!