toner

Hello My son-in-law tells me he once used a device , he calls a toner. It's for trouble shooting , broken wires/cables , bad connections etc. I can not find any info on any electrical test equipment called a toner. Does anyone have any info on this device? The manufacturer etc. Are we using the proper spelling(toner)? I'm assuming it generates a frequency along the circuit , then you take the hand held unit to find the broken wire. Thanks in advance. ron

Reply to
Ronald Murray

yes. can get one at home depot or any electrical supply place.

Reply to
Bob Peterson

Someone named "Ronald Murray" Proclaimed on Thu, 30 Sep 2004 23:25:39 -0300,

Hi Ron,

It's called a tone generator. You also need the inductive amplifier with it. Here's both for $84.95 at Home Depot

The brand I have always used is Progressive (Now Tempo): (I think HD stocks them too)

-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

Reply to
G. Morgan

These are about £15 ($25 ish)

not sure if you can get them in the states though

St Dom