Typical mains power for mid-range PC?

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:51:12 -0400, kony Gave us:

Fuck off a bit... then a bit more.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:51:12 -0400, kony Gave us:

How many of you did the doctor say that you were?

I designed switchers for the last ten years.

Many were for gov server contracts.

They ran on 28VDC in, a 28V battery, or from 85 to 265 VAC, and autoswithced between the three.

There was a very specific FULL LOAD ripple spec, made BY THE CONTRACTOR with any of the three feed sources.

Our products are top of the line, chucko.

The baseline noise in your brain has your mind fuddled.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:51:12 -0400, kony Gave us:

You're an idiot.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:51:12 -0400, kony Gave us:

I see that you have resorted to mouthing off.

You can f*ck off with that dumb shit, dumbshit.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:56:22 -0400, kony Gave us:

You don't get it. Regardless of how one takes a temp of an encapsulated device, they must extrapolate if "die temp" is what they seek to observe.

You are a goddamned retard if you think you can make assumptions about what someone does or does not know about chip design, or the monitoring thereof during operation.

You have resorted to petty little jabs that have no basis in fact.

I know ALL about the difference between package temperature,and actual die temperature.

So f*ck off... again, little boy.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:56:22 -0400, kony Gave us:

No. YOU will not.

Me, and the engineers I work with DO know how to make such observations properly.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:03:42 -0400, kony Gave us:

Effort? Grow up.

Attaching probes PROPERLY takes a long time. Firing up the imager and powering up the circuit takes minutes... seconds even.

You have NO argument.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:03:42 -0400, kony Gave us:

Stycast thermal epoxy attaches probe tips just fine, and passes all exhibited heat to the probe far better than a tape on, as well as your special grease.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:03:42 -0400, kony Gave us:

What do you think a probe attachment yields, you ditz?

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:03:42 -0400, kony Gave us:

You are full of shit, and I am done with you.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:03:42 -0400, kony Gave us:

You're an idiot. The soak time for a millimeter of epoxy is only a couple seconds, and the temp can be seen rising TOWARD a runaway circumstance, and be stopped by any user with any brains.

I guess, from the look of things, that would leave you out.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:10:21 -0400, kony Gave us:

Bullshit chip packaging emissivities have been known for YEARS (decades even). They are designed specifically for the purpose in many cases.

You are lost in your own bullshit.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:10:21 -0400, kony Gave us:

Infra-red imagery is the most valid test one can utilize. It "sees" it all.

You obviously do not.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:10:21 -0400, kony Gave us:

More like you are not a scientist by any stretch, assumption boy.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:02:02 -0400, kony Gave us:

The imager sees the package, as well as the heats sink, and the PCB that it attached to. It sees the gradient between them.

The die temp you seem to be stuck on is easily extrapolated from a mere few sets of data.

You are lost. This is how the industry has done this for years.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

Add a bit of top posting and

BANG!!!!!!

----------------------

Reply to
norm

So sorry but ripple is ripple, including all causes... not just the ones that suit your blind argument.

Reply to
kony

Again I ask why are you repeating the obvious?

Or, did you always use low quality PSU yourself so you have no context of what normal quality is?

Normal is a word used to contrast. In contrast, there's "low", and "high".

If you can wrap your head around "medium" more than "normal", let's use medium but you'll have to remind everyone that you want to redefine reality every time they attempt to use normal (oops, medium) terms to describe something.

Reply to
kony

I'm not the one who is clueless about dynamic loads.

Reply to
kony

At this point it would be fair to conclude you have nothing more to add to the thread.

Ok, I'll finish out today's posts to it and then leave you to your trolling.

Reply to
kony