US - REDMOND, WA Quality and Sr Quality Engineer Positions

About Us
Meeting the demands of a diverse marketplace requires unique staffing
solutions that strengthen and drive customer competitive advantages.
Volt Services Group delivers
specialized and full-service offerings tailored to maximize value for
local and global companies alike.
Our customer-centric focus, progressive sourcing, and persistent
technological advancement have contributed to over 50 years of success
and continued growth. Customers have access to over 300 company-owned
and operated offices in the United States, Canada and Europe.
About our Client
=B7 One of the world's largest technical manufacturers
specializing in: multi-platform/multi-user switching, analog matrix
switching, extension over CAT 5, PCI bus extension, patented on-screen
menus, remote KVM over IP connectivity, digital serial over IP,
digital-analog integrated access to multiple servers, IPMI, wireless
KVM, hand-held solutions, and hub and spoke failover technology.
=B7 Rapidly growing - acquiring new companies and new
technologies regularly.
=B7 Customers include: Microsoft Corp., Intel, HP, Dell, IBM,
Time Warner, Verizon, General Electric, Exxon Mobile, Walt Disney,
FedEx and Home Depot.
=B7 Publicly traded.
***QUALITY ENGINEER***
=B7 Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality
assurance systems and activities.
=B7 Defines and specifies the implementation of standards,
methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the
precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products.
=B7 Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to
contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations.
=B7 Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing
data.
=B7 Works directly with OEM customers to communicate quality
data and related engineering analysis, including monthly reporting.
=B7 Using statistical methods develops and evaluates metrics
for improvement opportunities.
=B7 Oversees inspections and coordinates audits, including ISO.
=B7 Regular, overnight travel with some international
destinations will be required to perform duties (specifically Asia -
China / Malaysia)
Personality:
=B7 able to work under pressure
=B7 prioritize multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency
=B7 positive, self motivated individual with strong
administrative, analytical and decision making skills is required
=B7 Self starter interested in all areas of quality assurance.
=B7 Desire to work with minimal supervision.
Skills:
=B7 Bachelors Degree in Engineering, with at least 6 years
experience. Quality Assurance experience required.
=B7 Knowledge of continuous improvement disciplines, quality
assurance methods, and data analysis.
=B7 Demonstrates excellent verbal, interpretation and written
communication skills.
=B7 Proven ability to work effectively in a team oriented
environment.
=B7 Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other PC applications.
=B7 Innovative, creative problem solving skills.
=B7 Ability and willingness to travel on trips of varying
duration that may be international in nature.
Location: Redmond, WA
Type: PERMANENT /
DIRECT PLACEMENT (Employer pays fee)
Salary: $60,000 - $68,000 DOE
No phone calls please. We will respond to your resume if we feel you
would be a match for the position. Thank you!
***SR QUALITY ENGINEER***
=B7 Investigates technical quality assurance systems,
activities and end product, and ensures that problems are resolved.
=B7 Leads corrective action response teams.
=B7 Works with Quality Assurance Engineers and Manufacturing
personnel to ensure effective inspection and testing procedures are
implemented and maintained.
=B7 Examines the standards, methods and procedures for
inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy and
reliability of company products.
=B7 Performs sampling and testing of incoming components and
raw materials, including first article inspections and supplier visits.
=B7 Ensures that finished products meet customer and company
standards.
=B7 May participate in the review of engineering designs to
contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations.
=B7 Oversees the running of reliability and other product
tests, as required by engineering and by customers.
=B7 Inspects and / or audits quality control programs.
=B7 Assists quality engineers in gathering and analyzing data
from suppliers and other operations functions.
=B7 Maintains required quality reports, including reports
forwarded to customers.
=B7 Participates in weekly supplier quality calls and follows
up on related actions.
=B7 Works to develop suppliers to manage quality from a
distance, in order to reduce receiving inspection requirements, also
works to ensure customers are not affected by production rework and
recalls
Personality:
=B7 Positive, self motivated individual with strong
administrative, analytical and decision making skills is required
=B7 Self starter interested in all areas of quality assurance.
=B7 Desire to work with minimal supervision.
=B7 Attention to detail
=B7 Ability to work with minimal supervision
=B7 Ability to prioritize activities in a fast pace environment
=B7 Demonstrates excellent verbal, interpretation and written
communication skills, including those required for successful customer
interaction
=B7 Proven ability to work effectively in a team oriented
environment
=B7 Use of initiative and ingenuity on a daily basis
=B7 Innovative, creative problem solving skills
=B7 Must be able to work under pressure and work with a sense
of urgency
Skills:
=B7 Mechanical inspection experience, to include formal
inspection training
=B7 FAI and QA Lab experience preferred
=B7 Proficient in Microsoft Excel; Access and other PC
applications preferred
=B7 Willingness and ability to travel
=B7 Customer focused Technical degree or equivalent combination
of education and experience preferred.
=B7 Requires a minimum of 6 - 10 years of related experience.
Location: Redmond, WA
Type: PERMANENT /
DIRECT PLACEMENT (Employer pays fee)
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 DOE
No phone calls please. We will respond to your resume if we feel you
would be a match for the position. Thank you!=20
snipped-for-privacy@volt.com
Reply to
Ryan
--------snipped========= ***QUALITY ENGINEER***
· Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality assurance systems and activities. · Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products. · Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations. · Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data. · Works directly with OEM customers to communicate quality data and related engineering analysis, including monthly reporting. · Using statistical methods develops and evaluates metrics for improvement opportunities. · Oversees inspections and coordinates audits, including ISO.
· Regular, overnight travel with some international destinations will be required to perform duties (specifically Asia - China / Malaysia)
Location: Redmond, WA Type: PERMANENT /
DIRECT PLACEMENT (Employer pays fee) Salary: $60,000 - $68,000 DOE
Over seas for less than $ 70k a year! Ha can I have some of what your smoking?
I quit a job paying over $100k a year requiring travel to the asian rim cause it was not enough money. I was doing over 150 flights a year.
May the gods smile on you. No one that I know would even consider such an offer.
Reply to
SQLit
In article , snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net (known to some as SQLit) scribed...

This is typical of Volt. I used to work in the contract world years ago, and they weren't any better back then.
I will add that, based on the description, I know exactly who their oh-so-secret client is: Avocent, formerly known as Apex Engineering. They're the only firm I know of in Redmond (heck, in the northwest, period) that manufactures the kind of KVM equipment described.
Keep the peace(es).
Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee