US - REDMOND, WA Quality and Sr Quality Engineer Positions

About Us Meeting the demands of a diverse marketplace requires unique staffing solutions that strengthen and drive customer competitive advantages. Volt Services Group delivers specialized and full-service offerings tailored to maximize value for local and global companies alike.

Our customer-centric focus, progressive sourcing, and persistent technological advancement have contributed to over 50 years of success and continued growth. Customers have access to over 300 company-owned and operated offices in the United States, Canada and Europe.

About our Client

=B7 One of the world's largest technical manufacturers specializing in: multi-platform/multi-user switching, analog matrix switching, extension over CAT 5, PCI bus extension, patented on-screen menus, remote KVM over IP connectivity, digital serial over IP, digital-analog integrated access to multiple servers, IPMI, wireless KVM, hand-held solutions, and hub and spoke failover technology. =B7 Rapidly growing - acquiring new companies and new technologies regularly. =B7 Customers include: Microsoft Corp., Intel, HP, Dell, IBM, Time Warner, Verizon, General Electric, Exxon Mobile, Walt Disney, FedEx and Home Depot. =B7 Publicly traded.

***QUALITY ENGINEER***

=B7 Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality assurance systems and activities. =B7 Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products. =B7 Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations. =B7 Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data. =B7 Works directly with OEM customers to communicate quality data and related engineering analysis, including monthly reporting. =B7 Using statistical methods develops and evaluates metrics for improvement opportunities. =B7 Oversees inspections and coordinates audits, including ISO.

=B7 Regular, overnight travel with some international destinations will be required to perform duties (specifically Asia - China / Malaysia)

Personality:

=B7 able to work under pressure =B7 prioritize multiple tasks and work with a sense of urgency =B7 positive, self motivated individual with strong administrative, analytical and decision making skills is required =B7 Self starter interested in all areas of quality assurance. =B7 Desire to work with minimal supervision.

Skills:

=B7 Bachelors Degree in Engineering, with at least 6 years experience. Quality Assurance experience required. =B7 Knowledge of continuous improvement disciplines, quality assurance methods, and data analysis. =B7 Demonstrates excellent verbal, interpretation and written communication skills. =B7 Proven ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment. =B7 Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other PC applications. =B7 Innovative, creative problem solving skills. =B7 Ability and willingness to travel on trips of varying duration that may be international in nature.

Location: Redmond, WA Type: PERMANENT / DIRECT PLACEMENT (Employer pays fee) Salary: $60,000 - $68,000 DOE

No phone calls please. We will respond to your resume if we feel you would be a match for the position. Thank you!

***SR QUALITY ENGINEER***

=B7 Investigates technical quality assurance systems, activities and end product, and ensures that problems are resolved. =B7 Leads corrective action response teams. =B7 Works with Quality Assurance Engineers and Manufacturing personnel to ensure effective inspection and testing procedures are implemented and maintained. =B7 Examines the standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. =B7 Performs sampling and testing of incoming components and raw materials, including first article inspections and supplier visits.

=B7 Ensures that finished products meet customer and company standards. =B7 May participate in the review of engineering designs to contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations. =B7 Oversees the running of reliability and other product tests, as required by engineering and by customers. =B7 Inspects and / or audits quality control programs. =B7 Assists quality engineers in gathering and analyzing data from suppliers and other operations functions. =B7 Maintains required quality reports, including reports forwarded to customers. =B7 Participates in weekly supplier quality calls and follows up on related actions. =B7 Works to develop suppliers to manage quality from a distance, in order to reduce receiving inspection requirements, also works to ensure customers are not affected by production rework and recalls

Personality:

=B7 Positive, self motivated individual with strong administrative, analytical and decision making skills is required =B7 Self starter interested in all areas of quality assurance. =B7 Desire to work with minimal supervision. =B7 Attention to detail =B7 Ability to work with minimal supervision =B7 Ability to prioritize activities in a fast pace environment

=B7 Demonstrates excellent verbal, interpretation and written communication skills, including those required for successful customer interaction =B7 Proven ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment =B7 Use of initiative and ingenuity on a daily basis =B7 Innovative, creative problem solving skills =B7 Must be able to work under pressure and work with a sense of urgency

Skills:

=B7 Mechanical inspection experience, to include formal inspection training =B7 FAI and QA Lab experience preferred =B7 Proficient in Microsoft Excel; Access and other PC applications preferred =B7 Willingness and ability to travel =B7 Customer focused Technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. =B7 Requires a minimum of 6 - 10 years of related experience.

Location: Redmond, WA Type: PERMANENT / DIRECT PLACEMENT (Employer pays fee) Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 DOE

No phone calls please. We will respond to your resume if we feel you would be a match for the position. Thank you!=20

snipped-for-privacy@volt.com

Reply to
Ryan

--------snipped=========

***QUALITY ENGINEER***

· Develops, implements, and maintains technical quality assurance systems and activities. · Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products. · Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality assurance requirements and considerations. · Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data. · Works directly with OEM customers to communicate quality data and related engineering analysis, including monthly reporting. · Using statistical methods develops and evaluates metrics for improvement opportunities. · Oversees inspections and coordinates audits, including ISO. · Regular, overnight travel with some international destinations will be required to perform duties (specifically Asia - China / Malaysia)

Location: Redmond, WA Type: PERMANENT / DIRECT PLACEMENT (Employer pays fee) Salary: $60,000 - $68,000 DOE

Over seas for less than $ 70k a year! Ha can I have some of what your smoking?

I quit a job paying over $100k a year requiring travel to the asian rim cause it was not enough money. I was doing over 150 flights a year.

May the gods smile on you. No one that I know would even consider such an offer.

Reply to
SQLit

In article , snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net (known to some as SQLit) scribed...

This is typical of Volt. I used to work in the contract world years ago, and they weren't any better back then.

I will add that, based on the description, I know exactly who their oh-so-secret client is: Avocent, formerly known as Apex Engineering. They're the only firm I know of in Redmond (heck, in the northwest, period) that manufactures the kind of KVM equipment described.

Keep the peace(es).

Reply to
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee