Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Inductor & Capacitor in Parallel in AC Circuit
If I have the following AC circuit: .. .. .. ||||--( V )---///-------((((()-------||------|||| '' '' '' I can describe it with the following equations V_L + V_R + V_C = V L dq^2/dt^2 + R dq/dt + (1/C)...
7
7

diasy-chain surge protector with NON-surge protecting strip....consequences?
Hi, I read that it is bad to daisy chain surge protectors - what about plugging a surge protector (not a strip type, just a socket "cube") into a NON-surge protected strip? Is that also a bad idea and...
1
1

Fujitsu flash memory programming specification
Hi all, I've to develop an algorithm for this Fujitsu device: MB90F347CA, but I don't found the flash memory programming specification! Can you help me? Thanks Giustin
1
1

Are moving-coil speakers & crossover networks inductive loads ?
I don't have a inductance meter, I suspect these 2 things are inductive, because a pair of capacitive ( 60 +ve & 60 -ve wires are interwoven ) speaker cable ( made by UK's Monitor Audio in 1983 ) can...
5
5

1HP way under 746 watts
Info on Bob Teal's Magnipulsion brushless motor Can be made to any size. Bob Teal missing interview: can now watch this on Youtube right on that page. Bob Teal discussion forum about Electric Motor...
7
7

Solid Works. 3D Design
Hi, Does any company or employee in the southeast of England eg Kent,Sussex,Surrey,Essex have a requirement for SolidWorks 3D design. This is a massive tool for designing anything from a resistor to a...

grounding, neutral, and EMF situation.
Hi everyone. I am looking for some insight into some electrical problems. Sorry for the long post. 2 years ago I had my basement built out from the raw foundation into various living spaces. One of...
9
9

Kidde Model 0910 Smoke Alarm
Hello: I had installed a model 0910 Kidde smoke alarm. This is supposedly the latest and greatest ionization model, and also has the sealed, 10 year Li-Ion battery. The unit is on the ceiling in an...
1
1

Dry Type Distribution Transformer
I'll like to know the difference between a Dry Type Distribution Transformer and a Voltage converter please. For instance, if I have a 10KVA dry type distribution transformer at a frequency of 60Hz,...
1
1

Where to scavenge mu-metal?
Is this stuff prolific in old CRT monitors, or TVs? Need about a square foot or so... Sparky
32
32

Using 3 core flex instead of twin and earth?
I've got some new three-core flex. 2.5mm squared. It's the sort of thing you would use for an extension lead except I've not seen any that thick before (cable is about the same diameter as my little...
1
1

Replacing a ceiling light fitting
Hi all Sorry to sound such a div, but I've got a simple wiring problem. I'm replacing a ceiling light. There are 2 cables coming out of the ceiling, that originally went into a ceiling rose terminal...
5
5

220v for welder
Hi all: I am trying to wire a new receptacle to a pre-existing 220v line that was for a dryer in my shop- the welder requires a 30 A line which this one is, and needs a NEMA 6-50 receptacle. I can see...
5
5

Transformer Wrench
Does anyone know where I can purchase a five sided socket or wrench so I can open utility pad mounted transformers. I need to do this to conduct a infrared inspection.
3
3

question regarding the boundary behavior of electric current
Hi, I have a cable and I send electric current through it. I want to know the moment when the current has arrived at the other end of the cable. Can I visualize this moment by using an oscilloscope ?...
2
2