Current Lego train models

How compatible are the current line of trains to those from the early/mid/late 80's?

I have a 4.5v train that I have decided to pull out of storage, and I would like to rebuild all my sets, in particular the model railway.

Reply to
Wayne

They are compatible to some extent. All the tracks are virtually the same gauge (I don't think the 4.5V and

12V is quite as deep as the 9v stuff). Also, as the current range is battery powered with IR remotes, they can run over the old plastic track without a problem.

The main problem comes when you want to run the older 9V trains which will need the metal track.

You will also have a problem connecting the moulded track and the older style together, but all the trains can handle a 0.5 stud gap.

Reply to
Dean Earley