Ford Gum Machine Keys?

I ran across an old gum machine made by Ford (probably not the car maker) that had a really wide keyway. If you look in the lock, it looks like regular wafers, but they are wafers that slide left to right, not up and down.

What key does this take? How do I get this open? Can I get any keys for this?

I tried picking this for some time, but the keyway is really wide. Too wide for a tension wrench, so I had to use bent wire. And it was just awkward picking this thing.

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

The machine almost looks like this:

This one above doesn't have the lock to see though. The machine I was working on had a brass tag (not the black and white one) and a stand.

Reply to
MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

Ahh... this one shows the exact keyway I was up against.

MonkeyWithATypewriter.com

Great pictures someone took. I've seen the gumball machines. But never seen the lock in any of the trade magazines. Wish I was more help.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Quite a few of the locks & keys on eBay.

Leon Rowell

M> I ran across an old gum machine made by Ford (probably not the car

Reply to
Leon Rowell

I have read a short account of a locksmith making a key for one of these-It was either Keynotes or LL. The Issue is probably a few years old. Thumbed through my Keynotes with no luck-so I'm thinking Locksmith Ledger.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

Correction-I meant National Locksmith-Not the ledger-I know-here's my sign-LOL.

goma.

Reply to
goma865