info on mul-t-lock

I was wondering if anyone could clear up something for me. so with the mul-t-lock there are 2 sets of 5 pins, the first row is set, the lock is partually rotated, then the second row sets on the outer pits, correct? also, if I wanted to get tools to pick this kind of lock, what would be suggested? what other locks are like this?

another lock I was looking at consisted of several wheels inside, lined up kinda like a combination lock, if anyone has a clue to what I'm talking about fill me in, I forgot where I saw it or what the name of it was or exactly how it would work.

Reply to
fugi

your second question: ABLOY

Reply to
JOCK tec

ABLOY , clever but have always had and still do have an obvious weakness.

They are easily defeated if one knows..

Reply to
Lassiter

wouldn't one just set it front to back? or is there more to it?

Reply to
fugi

There is more to it.

Reply to
Joe Kesselman (yclept Keshlam

You would have to tension the rear disk to drive the sidebar down onto the other disks. The disks also have false notches to slow picking down. You would need to make special tools. In New Zealand these locks are used by NZpost on mailboxes, by Telecom on roadside equipment cabinets and on pub gambling machines so I suspect that the security against picking is OK. Chubb padlocks using the same system are also used in prisons here.

Reply to
Roger_Nickel

There are larger diameter "outer" pins that have holes through the center for the smaller diameter "inner" pins. Its a tumbler within a tumbler lockpikker

Reply to
Merrybabe