LF: replacement cylinder for filing cabinet

After 15+ years of not using the lock, I located the key and decided to try it out. On the 3rd lock/unlock/pop-out cycle, the cylinder jammed shut. Fortunately, I discovered that I could get the unit open by turning on its side and moving the locking bar in the base. More fiddling with the lock resulted in something popping out of the top of the cylinder and the cylinder itself coming out of the cabinet (made by Cole).

Where can I find a replacement oval-shaped cylinder? There are no markings on it, and only a single pin across a notched end on the back.

Thanks in advance.

-Pat

Reply to
Patrick Coghlan

Try your local locksmith 1st. Next try your local office furniture store Last try Home depot

Reply to
no spam

take the pieces to your local locksmith, and he should be able to match it...they are a 'common' item..

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Most locksmiths can get them for you.