Sentry safe help.

It was already pointed out by another poster that sentry makes media files, since i dont work at home depot i am not familiar with all of sentrys line. we wont stock them because we cant compete with the mass marketers and they are not up to our quality standards, i am sure they function as advertised but make sure you read all the disclaimers.

Reply to
todd

EMPHASIS on the CAPACITY of the safe...

it is a 'limited' container, as far as disks and tapes...X amount of disks OR Y amount of tapes... --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

if interested read the owners manual on a sentry fire safe, it tells you not to store stamps, photos etc. in their safe.

Reply to
todd

reason why I said that, was had a customer wanted one, and my first question was how many tapes/disks did they need to store...

the numbers made them rethink their storing means-they would have needed 5 of the storage media, and they were not cheap... people think 'safe', and they dont realize just how 'few' they will hold... they thought, I can get one, and stick it in the small Sentry and be OK...it wouldnt fit in the small Sentry...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Reply to
"RC" da "PCDJ

The thing to remember is that they are simply not a burglary safe. People need to use them as they are intended. Somewhere around here (under a bunch of junk probably) is one of their older tubular in-floor models. It is actually fairly heavily built and would probably thwart most amateurs with a crowbar, hammer, screwdriver what have you. It however has no internal relocker so someone who knew how to exploit that or someone who didn't and got lucky would be in it in short order.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere