Stant locking gas caps

I am retired from locksmithing; but work on cars a great deal, so I've kept my code key cutter. I just bought a '78 camaro, and in the trunk there was a locking gas cap with no key. I'd like to impression a key; but would like to have the Framon depth and spacing information so I can cut one to specs. Would appreciate any help.

Reply to
MiltRuiz506

Same as Briggs and Stratton as used on Mack truck, Peterbuilt, Old Rambler (pre 1970) etc.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

As Roger said, the old Briggs. The B-1 key. If that doesn't do you, try Illinois. That D and S works on many, many wafer locks. Pencil in the 5 depth, .170, as it isn't in my Framon book.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's hard to believe you're retired locksmith. A gas cap is one of the simplist, and the most basic of the locks to pick open and make a key for. Pick it open, sight-read the depths, and use a clipper or make yourself a set of depth keys... Use a B1

Depth

1 .250 2 .235 3 .220 4 .205
  1. 190

Spacing