is..

our

sensitive

has

to an alarm tech

partner and bookkeeper

simply hold the licensed

with regard to

Glad you see now. I am all for progress. This profession needs to be regulated. The new law (justifiably so) has put a lot of lockies in this state out of business. Wish they would have just held the licensed owner responsible for safekeeping of all the business info with regard to customer keying combos etc. I had plans to help my son-in-law with the book keeping for a while. About the only help I can legally do is open autos. I believe they allowed opening autos because of pop-a-lock. Pop-a-locks home office is in Baton Rouge and its owned by a group of lawyers. I am not even allowed to answer the phone and give advice. Advice is to be given only by a licensed locksmith.

g'day PYSH

Reply to
Key

If I get a locksmith to install it I would buy the lock from him. However, the plan as it stands now is to get a good lock from a locksmith and have my landlord's house contractor install it.

videoken

Reply to
videoken

Metropolitan's advertising states that there is a licensed locksmith on the premises. However, I may have found a better option, I went to a locksmith around the corner from my office. He was very helpful. He said he recommended the "On the door" medeco deadbolt he had rather than the "In the door" deadbolt. And the one he recommended was half the price of the other one, $69. Seems like an honest guy. And it is good to be near your locksmith.

Would there be any benefit to installing 2 deadbolts into my door?

And thank you Evan, for all of your advice.

videoken

Reply to
videoken

Thanks! That sound like it fits my budget!

Would that be a tubular deadbolt (Which I think is the one that is hidden in the door.) or a regular deadbolt (To me this is the one that is "On the door")?

Would there be any benefit to installing 2 deadbolts into my door?

videoken

Reply to
videoken

For your future reference, the terms you are looking for are:

Rim lock = mounted on the surface of the door...

Bored lock = installed in the door in a cross bored hole (such as a tubular deadbolt or door knob)

Mortise lock = a lock unit (often multi-function) installed in a hollowed out section of the door, these locks have a long metal cover plate on the edge of the door with holes in it for the latch (and deadbolt if equipped) and some times buttons that lock/unlock the outside knob/lever...

Evan the Maintenance Man

Reply to
Evan

I just bought a mul-t-lock rim lock at the locksmith around the corner for

69.99. He told me that a replacement key costs $7.50 (It can only be made with a security card.).

Thank You Everyone, (Except the Stormin Mormon.) for all of your advice!

Videoken

Reply to
videoken

Do you have any need to provide access to another party? Of course you could always have one deadbolt masterkeyed. Any need for dual custody access with another party? If not probably an unessesary expense. Especially if you will be using an alarm as backup.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

using your landlords contractor is a good move, that way if he messes something up you shouldn't be liable.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere