Latest threads in 🔒 Lockmithing and Lockpicking Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Herring Hall Marvin Safe no key
I bought a herring hall Marvin safe at an auction with no key. Any easy ways to get in?
1
1

Non payment for Master key project on multi family apartment building 43 units with an additional 12 basement doors.
We just completed a job we supplied, master keyed and installed 160 mortise and rim cylinders this is a 43 unit apartment building. We invoiced the job and received an email back stating that they...
3
3

BEST cores stuck while picking
Have you resolved the issue are do you still need advice?
1
1

[SOLVED] Stuck Medeco lock - what to do?
Oh boy. Guess what? It turned out that when I take the key out from the INNER lock, there's no problem at all with locking it from the OUTSIDE. So the graphite likely didn't do any damage! (Granted, I...
9
9

schlage deadbolt removal
did anyone figure this out? i am having same trouble but IO can't find anywhere that an allen wrench will work.
2
2

How to crack this Meilink safe
I have an old mielink safe keyed. How can I open without key?
2
2

Extend a deadbolt to fit 5" thick?
Lockley makes a lock extension for doors up to 5" thick! so far that is the only company that makes them. quickset makes a deadbolt kit for 4" doors but not a lever so that doesn't really help much.
2
2

Renault Lagune central key lock
Hello A friend has a Renault Laguna, with the key (remote control w/2 buttons, and a real key). The electronic key could not close, because teh switch had gone off the PCB. New, after solering it...

adjustable backset
I am measuring my door lock to try to figure out my backset. However the door is a little weathered (exterior wood door is 35 years old) and it seems to measure 2.5", I know most locks are 2-3/8" or...
18
18

Strange Key Found Behind Old Picture
My Mom found a strange key behind a picture that my dad was hiding. My Dad had died several years back and we do not know what it is to. I have never seen a key like this. I am going to post a picture...
5
5

FS:Reed Code Books
I have for sale used Reed General Code books Volume 1 to 12, also Padlock Books 1 to 5. I plan on listing them on Ebay next weekend (Nov 11th). Before I do I will offer them for sale on alt.locksmith...
4
4

Tubular Picks
Hello 2 all of you.... I want to buy a tubular pick, but I'm quite not sure about what types of TubePicks exist and which picks can be used for which lock. Can you gibve me some information? (BTW How...
6
6

Hyundai Entourage
Hello, I am looking for information on the Hyundai Entourage. What code series is for this vehicle also key blank info for this vehicle. Any info would be greatly appreciated as usual. Thanks in...
1
1

12-year wants to learn lockpicking
I know very little about the subject, but my 12-year old wants to learn how to pick locks. Knowing that his interest may be short-term - but also wanting to encourage him - what is a good and...
27
27

Need Help with Resetting an Elsafe Xtra Advanced 43
While replacing the batteries, I noticed the reset button and tested it. I had the door open but in the locked position, i.e. the metal bars which lock the door in place are extended, when I pressed...
2
2