Latest threads in 🔒 Lockmithing and Lockpicking Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Medeco M3 and other single-sided deadbolts
I'm trying to choose a good high-security lock. Double-sided deadbolts worry me because I don't want to get locked in my house in a fire. So I'm looking for a good single-sided deadbolt. Mark Tobias...
3
3

locksmith unwittingly helping a criminal?
Somebody who used to live in my house still has my address on her drivers license. I've notified the motor vehicle bureau that she has moved, but she still has her license with my address on it. This...
15
15

New HPC Products
Anyone usesd HPC FSR 100 for Sch F Series Knob &/ or Lever remover? How about HPC KiK R100 Ket in Knob remover? Will it work on ALL knob cylinders? Any comments appreciated. William
4
4

HPC looking for locksmith
Hello, I was at a HPC web page and I saw a want add for a locksmith. Does anyone know of anyone who ever worked there ? Or would anyone possibly be interested in working there ? Just curious. John...
1
1

Framon #2 For Sale
Hello all, I have a Framon #2 code cutter for sale. It was freshly serviced at the Framon factory before I put it into storage about six years ago- it is still in the factory-shipped box and collects...

Lock gun tool
Has anyone seen those lock tools which are now coming into more common use that resemble little guns? It kind of looks like a hot glue gun with feelers coming out of it. I got locked out of my house...
4
4

Fun with Keys
Hello, I own an apartment complex in a city about 70 miles away. We have pretty good turnover, which results in a lot of lock changing. So we have our own little manual key machine, and I come out...
12
12

Schlage Primus in Baldwin tubular handleset?
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has installed a Schlage Primus rim cylinder into a Baldwin tubular handleset (Images series)? Can it be done with minimal modifications? Thanks, Wayne

Mainstream anti Key-bump products
I noticed that Weiser and Master have introduced key-bump resisting products. Any predictions as to when all the big companies will jump on the band wagon ? Thanks
1
1

Lab Medeco Decoder
Anyone own the Medeco Biaxial pin decoder made by Lab? I have e-mailed them reguarding an issue with the placement of QBK and SDM on the lower left hand corner. They seem to be backwards, just like...
4
4

try out combo?
Can anyone provide me with a try out combo for a Meilink safe? I bought it at a auction the serial # is c3893 I called the company but to provide the try out combo they want more than I paid for the...
4
4

40 style Master Lock
Any suggestions on how to cut a security style 40 Master lock, I am a lifeguard at a local YMCA and someone has left this style lock on a locker and I have been told to cut it. Yeah right. I don't...
3
3

Medeco bumping
See: claim is that a set of less than 12 bump keys will open Medeco cylinders, together with a modified paperclip to move the M3 slider. presumably multiple sets would be required to deal with the...

Problems with Gardall safe and S&G Rotarybolt Z02 lock
Yesterday, I received my new Gardall 1612/2 fire safe with the S&G Rotarybolt Z02 lock. The card on the outside of the safe listed a combination, and it said, "LOCK IS SHIPPED IN THE UNLOCKED POSITION...
10
10

Vintage 1960's Keys Made KEIL Company Big Red key
Up for bids is this genuine vintage 1960's Keil company "Keys Made" big red and white key for your locksmith shop or collection, it has original paint and has some fading and scratches as you can see...