Latest threads in 🔒 Lockmithing and Lockpicking Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Basic Masterkeying
OK, Ladies and Gentlemen. Basic Masterkeying 101 is now open for enrollment at To enroll... Step #1 - New students must first register on Click on NEW ACCOUNT to register. It's FREE to register....
24
24

Obtaining blanks for Schlage 'quad' keyway
I have some schlage 'quad' cores that I had purchased off ebay. I am in need of some blanks for these. Can I contact Schlage directly, or are there aftermarket blanks available?
3
3

Keyhole locks
How secure were the so-called "keyhole locks" for old fashioned bit key locks? The few examples I've run across as a lock and key collector looked fairly crudely made, and I find it hard to imagine...
6
6

Combination vs. Serial Numbers
Hello, all. Other than looking something up in a list or database, I've often wondered whether a formula/algorithm exists for calculating the three-number combination of a consumer-grade combination...
2
2

Opinions on Gardall 1612-2 Fireproof Safe?
I would like to hear your opinion of Gardall's 1612-2 Fireproof Safe. Would this safe be a good choice for a homeowner that wants to store important documents and small amounts of valuables such as...
5
5

Lost keys to '87 Honda Civic
Last night I lost the keys to my '87 Honda Civic. I had a spare but I seem to have lost it when moving last. I called the dealership and had them see if they could look up the key code using the VIN...
11
11

Old Hall Marvin safe- help
I recently acquired an old safe. It's huge,about 5 feet tall by 4 feet wide and pretty sure it's near 100 years old, maybe older. It's very nice and I don't want to drill it. I'm not a locksmith but I...
17
17

For Stormy-New double-sided tension tool!!
Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
4
4

COMSEC Safe Problem
I have had this inground safe since 1992. I can't seem to get into it now. I called a local safe guy, and they instructed me how to use the fallback code to get into it. It doesn't work. I double...
15
15

Highfield Locks
Friends, I'm running a CATV cable contracting operation in South Central North Carolina. My guys are running into old pedestals that are equipped with (as near as I can tell) Highfield barrel locks....
6
6

looking for safe door
I have a small safe built into a concrete block in my basement wall. It has a door which is 14" wide and about 4" high which is steel with a small key lock in the middle. This is about 1.5" long and...
3
3

AC Service Port Locking Guards?
Can someone please point me to a source where I could buy locking guards to protect against casual pilferage of refrigerant through the "Service Ports" on the refrigerant lines of outdoor AC...
4
4

Sergeant and Greenleaf Floor Safe
My home has a Sergeant and Greenleaf floor safe. I have the combination but have never mastered the technique of using it to open the safe. I'm embarrassed to say I've had to have a local locksmith...
6
6

New Kwikset design seen Saturday
I had a report this morning that Kwikset has a new design with a side bar, and that to change the combination, you use a technique a lot like the U-Change locks. I am curious if anyone else has seen...
7
7

who are the best locksmith suppliers
who are the best locksmith suppliers. Clark, US lock etc.....Whats has been your experience.
19
19