Faradaic Activity in Dental Amalgams

Keith?
billkatz wrote:

SSsssshhh! but Joel, however, the changing magnetic field will produce a 2000Volt Voltage on the plastic loop and with a resistance of R (even though admittedly it is not a conductor) the current should equal V=RI I =V/R, or is ohms law now invalid!!!

Ohm's Law is invalid.
Om Shanti.
Joel
Joel M. Eichen wrote:

Hmmm.. okay suppose I attach conducting leads to the loop as it spins (placed close together and designed so as to not affect the motion of the spinning loop )and even connect the conducting leads together. You have a closed circuit with a resistor connected to conducting wires and a voltage. In a regular circuit with wires and a resistor if the resistor has a voltage V isn't V=RI, but your saying now a resistor (the plastic loop) with a 2000 voltage across it connected to conductors in a ciruit will not have a current?

Briskly rubbing an inflated balloon on a cat's back will cause the same effect. Albeit, the cat experiment can be more dramatic... depending on your cat.

OSHA requires the cat signs an informed consent first!
BEWARE

how many cats with amalgam fillings that are generating 350mv while spinning in the earth's magnetic field would i need to charge my electric car with enough energy to go buy enough beer to help make this thread make any sense?

You use homing pigeons with aluminum foil bonnets for that.
but first, JME:

IMO, as a practicing dentist and father of two (who are my own real kids, I hope), is that you'd be better off harnassing about twenty cats and attaching them to a dog sled mounted on wheels and have them pull you to the store for said beer.
I'll leave it to you to figure out how to keep said cats going in the right direction.
Cheers SP
--
Take out the TRASH to reply

Many beers, many many beers .......

I don't have any cats, can I substitute dogs?
carabelli

Depends. One of our fine readers indicated that you can get 700 mV out of a pit bull... but he's not been heard from since.

Actually, I have 2 dogs. Since they are littermates should I connect them in series or parallel?
One is female and the other male if that helps.
carabelli

That's illegal... except in Kentucky.

That's illegal... except in Kentucky.

If they are litter mates: Parallel. If not: series.

So, who's up for trying this on a Polar Bear and his wife?
SP
--
Take out the TRASH to reply

Don't ya think that'll take the fun outta the thing?
SP
--
Take out the TRASH to reply

Joel M. Eichen wrote:

Well you know what a dramatic effect magnetic fields can have on the sense of direction of even a pigeon. Many people, including some dentists therefore should avoid driving near power lines!