Faradaic Activity in Dental Amalgams

Yes I have all the numbers you could want, all you have to do is provide a method to re-imburse me for going to the physics department of my local college/university and asking them.
The price keeps going up.

NOT ALL BRAINS ARE CREATED EQUAL! *********************************
People with mono-atomar braincell DO have difficulty in realizing numbers larger than 1.
Regards,
Aribert Deckers
--
Brettl, die eine Welt bedeuten

http://www.ariplex.com/ama/ama_ml39.htm
On 1 Oct 2005 02:21:20 -0700, "Keith P Walsh"

Hi, when the metals are badly mixed, you can get small pieces of different metals touching each other and forming a diode. Which can lead (due to its non-linear behaviour) to demodulation and thus small LF currents.
It is possible, but not very likely to happen.
Regards, Pieter Hoeben

Currents inside a filling do not need to lead to problems. Only when it leads ti currents inside your head (for those with more than one cell) it may be noticed.
The ultimate proof is easy: bite on a piece of aluminium foil with a metal dental filling. The two different metals will create a small voltage/current, and the current flows through the mouth/jaw etc. So please do this test and let us know the results. I cant wait...
Pieter
wrote

The real questions are Robert: What is*your* position on the safety of amalgams?
What is *your* position on the electromagnetic properties of typical dental amalgams?

There is a distinct difference between the message and the messenger. There are a few messengers here that deserve all they get, and there are a few that deserve being ignored.
carabelli
Sorry. I am still learning the netiquette.. I forgot to show the quote to which my repsonse was directed. Oh well. My response is really no response... really. Other than so is you point again?
Mr Walsh keeps asking the same quesiton over and over and he gets no answer.
Then he wants people to tell him they do not know the answer.
When they do not tell him hwat he wants to hear, he calls them arrogant.
Is this whole thread stupid or what?
And please, P Walsh... I am not calling you stupid. I am just wondering what your point is for continuing to pursue this here.
-Sue

He has made it clear, why he is pursuing it.
This is like a high school or college test.
ANSWER: 350 millivolts.
QUESTION, Well that's not important as long as you know the answer........
Joel

carabelli wrote:

And who cares what you think? I am of the opinion based on personal expierence that these general issues are real. keep in mind people that have been posioned or intoxicated or whatever you want to call it could come on here and spew four letter swear words all day at dentists and other dental sites and in effect shut it right down. But we are polite enough to be basically civil
Who are you to determine who deserves what? Your represent a profession that can't even anwer simple questions about the chemical/electrical behavior of amalgams and legal denies all responsablity. Openly thumbs their nose at people who have been harmed by YOUR product and are darn lucky patient victims haven't gotten even more pissed off and asked questions in an even more pointed manner. YOu think this level of questioning is annoying. This is nothing.
yet your are still so arrogant and smug you think you can have enough credability to dictate the terms of a discourse where all civilty has in effect been extended to you.
wrote ...........

Oh please, I'm usually civil. Besides that, the last amalgam I placed was in '79. I only do ortho. And, I stand by my last post.
carabelli
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 03:01:26 GMT, "carabelli"

This is a good opportunity for a beer can chicken recipe, no?
carabelli wrote:

I knew you were going to say that. Let's see Joel is retired Tony is to young to use amalgam, your an orthodonist, Fawks only usese composites, Vasserman is a cosemtic dentists etc, amazing how in a newsgroup of dentists not one actually uses amalgam. What, Who me? Dentists here don't use amalgam! Gee, i have no idea how those millions of hg fillings got placed!
Spelling correction:
Its orthodonnist not orthodonist.

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 06:14:43 -0400, Joel M. Eichen

Waitaminute ,, check that ....
Its orthadonnist ........ wait I gotta check.

Google Groups me. _I_ do use it, and I'm not afraid to admit it. There are times when I cannot use anything else.
SP
--
Take out the TRASH to reply

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 03:01:26 GMT, "carabelli"

Nice to see you asserting your "mercury-free" credentials.
Now, if only you older dentists would stop insisting that newcomers to the dental profession perpetuate the same technological error that you were duped into committing when you were younger, we might see an end to the ridiculous practice of dentists placing electric batteries in people's teeth.
Keith P Walsh
PS, some enquiries regarding the electrical behavior of metal amalgam dental fillings can be found at:
http://book.boot.users.btopenworld.com/intro.htm

Now, if only you older dentists would start realizing that you cannot save those broken down teeth because KPW and others deem a little galvanic activity in servicable teeth is actually far worse that having no teeth in one's head.
There it is, buster. SP
--
Take out the TRASH to reply

Which of course, begs the question of Faradic activity in metal based partials.
............What's that buzzing sound??? :*)
Ok, Ok, I'll get me coat.
On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:06:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca (Stovepipe) wrote:

Galvanic activity?
Are you trying to steer this discussion in the direction of "galvanic activity"?
It appears that many dentists are only able to discuss the electrical behavior of dental amalgams in terms of "galvanic activity" (after Luigi Galvani, who did some pioneering work in electrolysis).
However, it has been known for more than 150 years that when an electrical conductor moves in an electromagnetic field then an electrical potential is induced in the conductor, and that when a stationary conductor is subjected to a varying electromagnetic field then an electrical potential is again induced in the conductor; and it is not necessary in either case for there to be any electrolysis takingplace in order for this to happen. (It was Michael Faraday who demonsrated the laws of electromagnetic induction in the 1830s.)
The materials used in restorative dentistry are not exempt from the laws of nature.
Does anyone know if it is possible to determine whether or not certain types of electromagnetic field are able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads as a result of faradaic activity in the amalgam fillings in their teeth?
Keith P Walsh
PS, for a definition of the word "faradaic" go to:
http://www.allwords.com/word-faradaic.html