Faradaic Activity in Dental Amalgams

maybe its all the amalgam discharging through his head?

Reply to
Dave

Robert simply can not answer a simple question

Reply to
LadyLollipop

Maybe, you failed to notice, Robert can not anwer a simple question.

Reply to
LadyLollipop

maybe you failed to comprehend my initial response. Read it several times...slowly and maybe you can then ask someone to explain it to you.

Or more simply...what part of "I have all the figures one could want." don't you understand?

Reply to
Robert Morien

You're missing the point.

I think that you might be lying to us.

You claim to have some scientific evidence indicating whether or not the electrical potentials generated by amalgam fillings are able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads.

Prove it.

Keith P Walsh

Reply to
Keith P Walsh

Did they give you any figures to indicate whether or not the electrical potentials generated by amalgam fillings are able to dissipate electrical energy through the nerves in people's heads?

Reply to
LadyLollipop

You think I might be lying...prove it. put your money where your finger is.

show me the money

the price just went up.

Reply to
Robert Morien

I have all the figures one could want

still having trouble with english I see. Are you going to blame that on your jaw?

Reply to
Robert Morien

"Robert Morien" wrote

.
Reply to
LadyLollipop

I have all the figures one could want

still having trouble with english I see. Are you going to blame that on your jaw?

Reply to
Robert Morien

In his paper concerning the interaction of radio-frequency energy with biological systems, John Michael Williams offers the following insight:

"Suppose, for example, that the target structure were a set of metal fillings in the teeth and the EMR were in the broadcast TV or GHz range. Clearly, a fraction of the current induced in the fillings by EMR beamed at the body would be independent of the height of the person.

See "Comments on Thermal and Nonthermal Mechanisms", by John Michael Williams at:

Mr Williams appears to have assumed that electromagnetic energy is capable of inducing an electrical current in metal dental fillings.

Does anyone know of any scientific evidence which either confirms or contradicts this assumption?

Keith P Walsh

Reply to
Keith P Walsh

every piece of conductor or semi conductive material that is exposed to an electromagnetic field WILL have some voltage/current induced in it. fillings are fairly good conductors so YES, they will have some voltage/current induced in them. for references you can open any electromagnetic text book from the last 100 years or so.

Reply to
Dave

Let's expand that. Ever hear about Van der Waals forces?

Every dentist here had high school chemistry, I think!

intermolecular bonding - van der Waals forces Explains the origin of van der Waals attractions between molecules.

- 17k - Cached - Similar pages

General Chemistry Online: FAQ: Liquids: What are van der Waals forces? What are van der Waals forces? From a database of frequently asked questions from the Liquids section of General Chemistry Online. antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/

101/liquids/faq/h-bonding-vs-london-forces.shtml - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Van der Waals force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia In chemistry, the term Van der Waals force originally referred to all forms ... The Van der Waals force is the force to which the gecko's climbing ability ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_der_Waals_force - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

Could you explain van der Waals' forces to me, and their role in ... Ask the experts your physics and astronomy questions, read answer archive, and more.

- 22k - Sep 29, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Etherington & Roberts. Dictionary--Van der Waals forces Van der Waals forces. The physical forces of attraction and repulsion existing between ... Van der Waals forces act only over relatively short distances, ... palimpsest.stanford.edu/don/dt/dt3669.html - 2k - Sep 29, 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Joel

Reply to
Joel M. Eichen

I had an MRI of my head. I noticed no effects in my teeth with the fillings nor any other ones including my gold cap.

Al

Reply to
Al

one anecdotal comment does not offset 100 years of experiments and scientific observation. YES, there will be currents in the metal fillings when exposed to an electromagnetic wave.

Reply to
Dave

Yes I have all the numbers you could want, all you have to do is provide a method to re-imburse me for going to the physics department of my local college/university and asking them.

The price keeps going up.

Reply to
Robert Morien

NOT ALL BRAINS ARE CREATED EQUAL! *********************************

People with mono-atomar braincell DO have difficulty in realizing numbers larger than 1.

Regards,

Aribert Deckers

Reply to
Happy Oyster

Hi, when the metals are badly mixed, you can get small pieces of different metals touching each other and forming a diode. Which can lead (due to its non-linear behaviour) to demodulation and thus small LF currents.

It is possible, but not very likely to happen.

Regards, Pieter Hoeben

Reply to
Pi

Currents inside a filling do not need to lead to problems. Only when it leads ti currents inside your head (for those with more than one cell) it may be noticed.

The ultimate proof is easy: bite on a piece of aluminium foil with a metal dental filling. The two different metals will create a small voltage/current, and the current flows through the mouth/jaw etc. So please do this test and let us know the results. I cant wait...

Pieter

Reply to
Pi

The excitation of atomic nuclei in MRI procedures is achieved by matching the frequency of the incident electromagnetic radiation with the corresponding "resonant" frequency of the target nuclei for the chosen electromagnetic field strength.

The variation of resonant frequencies for varying field strengths is different for the nuclei of different elements. In fact each element (more accurately each isotope of each element) has its own characteristic profile of "resonant" frequencies (called Larmor frequencies after the British scientist Sir Joseph Larmor, 1857-1942).

A table of MRI (NMR) frequencies at different field strengths for different elements can be found on the website of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at:

You can see that the field strengths for this table have actually been chosen to match with convenient values of Larmor frequencies for hydrogen - H(1).

So, for argument's sake, if an MRI scan was set up with a field strength of 5.8717 Tesla and a frequency of incident radiation of 250 MHz, then you would expect the hydrogen nuclei in the region of the body under examination to "resonate" accordingly.

However, you would not expect the nuclei of the mercury, silver or tin atoms in your amalgam fillings to resonate significantly at all.

Many people mistakenly presume that the reason for this must be that the field strength is not great enough.

But this is not the case.

The true explanation is that the combination of the frequency and the field strength (both of which can be very precisely controlled) does not correspond to the conditions required for producing resonance in any of the atomic nuclei in the material which constitutes the fillings.

In our example (a field strength of 5.8717 Tesla), the Larmour frequencies of Ag(107), Ag(109), Sn(115), Sn(117), Sn(119), Hg(119) and Hg(201) are 10.116, 11.630, 81.749, 89.063, 93.181, 44.568, and 16.499 MHz respectively, and not 250MHz.

The Larmor frequencies for these nuclei will always be different from that of hydrogen, whatever the strength of the field. And it is therefore possible to ensure that only hydrogen nuclei are excited in an MRI procedure simply by determining that the incident radiation matches the Larmor frequency for H(1) at the chosen field strength.

However, I think that to suggest that this may be taken as a general indication that electromagnetic energy is not capable of inducing electrical currents in metal amalgam dental fillings would be silly.

Do you not agree?

Keith P Walsh

Reply to
Keith P Walsh