Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Manufacturing polyester putties
Hello - Can anyone tell me where to find ingredient/composition information for polyester putties and machinery that will doing processing/mixing? If you'd like to email, it's "rbaulbin at yahoo."...

Aluminium vs alkaline
Will alkaline cause AL to corrode. If so why do they keep selling part washers and recommend alkaline cleaners, I know it's primarily because of the soils to be removed be if there is a chance that it...

tentative-proof that Fiberglass is relatively harmless
Subject: tentative-proof that Fiberglass is relatively harmless Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:05:39 -0500 From: Archimedes Plutonium Reply-To: NOdtgEMAIL Organization: whole entire Universe is just one...
11
11

Animal Fats Superior To Petroleum Products ???
I've been reading a little book THE PRACTICAL COMPOUNDING OF OILS, TALLOW AND GREASE FOR LUBRICATION, ETC. (Scott, Greenwood & S"In spite of the large percentage of mineral oils now used for...
4
4

Tasty, Sweet Beryllium
Ok, I know beryllium is not your bestest friend to work with in a metal shop - it's got a whole syndrome named after it - but are bulk beryllium components poisonous through bare skin contact?
3
3

green polymers !
Does anyone know of any companies that manufacture polymer from environmentally friendly materials? I'm looking to purchase some to run tests on.
3
3

Polymer pre-ceramics
I'm a student at Iowa State, and I have to research polymer preceramics(eg. SiC) I've looked on Google but despite lots of examples I can't find any sites about how they are made. It's for a class on...

Fanshawe Student needs and Interview
I am searching for someone who has been in the composite industry or has an egineering degree(or similar) and currently works with composites, to interview for my research paper on "Composites and use...

vinyl chloride polymerization
Hi I'm looking for vinyl chloride polymerization conditions solvents initiators temperature pH time ........etc. I've found some references but i can't find precise instructions. I'm not so much...
1
1

PFC
hi i would like to get some information on the commercial availability of "piezoelectric fiber composites (PFC)." Sometimes these are called "active fiber composites (AFC)." Also, fiber is sometimes...
2
2

Help with Thermodynamics
Hey, I had a quick question about a homework problem I'm encountering right now. How do I find the final temperature of a system where two blocks of metal are brought into thermal contact and the heat...
1
1

polyethylene/propylene nanotube Damascus
Hi All, There seems to be some interest in aligning carbon nanotubes in one direction. What if one mixed aggregate carbon nanotubes with molten PE or PE and then extruded. Then using the method after...
6
6

Which journal for composite materials papers?
I have a paper that I wish to publish in either the Journal of Composite Materials or Composites A. It is quite a mathematically-detailed paper, and I am unsure which journal is more appropriate; also...

curly carbon fibers anybody?
I am seeking sources, other than making them myself, of curly carbon fibers either of PAN or pitch precursor. The radius of curvature should be about 0.25 to 1.5 inch, doesn't have to be uniform....
6
6

looking for the thermal decomposition data for cerium hydroxide (Ce(OH)3,Ce(OH)4
Please tell me the decomposition temperature for cerium hydroxide or tell me where I can find the data. Thanks, Y. Zhang