Latest threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PLA films
i am trying to make PLA films by solution casting but i am not getting good you suggest me somthing vimal

Phase diagram of Inconel 625
Hi Can someone give me phase diagram of Ni-based superalloy Inconel 625. Nauman
2
2

Presentation: Ballistic Ion Implantation..." by David Rivkin, PhD at Imperial College, London
You are invited to attend a lecture at Imperial College, London. Dr. David Rivkin, PhD will be presenting on Ballistic Ion Implantation method for charged particle encapsulation in insulating...

corrosion due to acid
Hi all, I am currently looking into a problem of heating up an acid up to a temperature of about 650 deg C. However corrosion of the tank seems to be a major issue. Can anyone give me suggestions on...
3
3

who knows how to add Si into Mg melt?
I've prepared it by using the method that mentioned in some articles.Directly add Si powder or Si piece into the Mg melt of above 800 centigrade. But I Si was not resolved and deposited at the bottom...
5
5

ATC Ceramic
Anybody having experience with ceramic coating for tools? I am looking for some information about ATC Ceramic (Al2O3-TiC-Cobalt) coating to tools. Some other suggestion for wear resistant Ceramic...

EC-funded Research Visits: Application Deadline 31/08/2006
--------------------------------------------------- Next HPC-EUROPA deadline for applications: 31 August 2006 ---------------------------------------------------- Are you a scientist of postgraduate...

WW II Canister+ water= Hydrogen
Are you sure you're not talking about calcium carbide? It is a gray rock and when you add water you get acetylene. It is often used in mining lamps. Don Kansas City
3
3

titanium sponge production
hi... The FFC Cambridge process can be utilized to produce titanium sponge from TiO2. my question is that " can it be utilized from rutile / ilmenite". i want to start a discussion session for the...

please suggest
hey ppl i am listing two materials . please suggest which of these will be more suitable for making a tank by seamwelding to store boiling water Mat 1: Fe c 0.15% Mn 4-6% P 0.40% S 0.040% Si 3-4% Ni...
2
2

Fire blanket construction
Does anyone know what the "fire retardant inner layer" in a fire blanket is made from ? For example, the top two blankets on this page A search using Google didn't turn up anything specific. I was...

slip systems in BCT
Hi All, I am working on developing crystal plasticity model of martensitic steels undergoing plastic deformation. I would like to know if anybody could suggest me any source where I could get...

Ferric Oxide....Question
Ferric Oxide is what is used on media storage devices such as cassette tapes. It is a ferromagnetic material. My question is, if I take a very fine powder and mix it with a gel of some sort and expose...
1
1

Increasing resistivity of a metal
I am currently working with a "Cerro" bismuth-lead alloy. I'm using it because of its relatively high resistivity and low melting temperature (255 F). What I would like to do is increase its...

gelatin and honey
hi...i want to know some information about gelatin and honey...and the book which can explain that...thanks...
1
1