Subject Author Posted Replies

GM Admits The Chevy Volt Is Way Overpriced:
Bonkers wants you to see hordes of demon Volts in your nightmares as he does, sneaking up with ice picks to stab your eyeballs. Better watch out, saying anything positive will put you on his stalking...
9
9

How much dust should I expect from operating a track cutting torch
We have a track oxy/propane cutting torch that we fixed up and we need to cut quite a few steel plates. I am thinking that it will take a couple of days. My guy says we need to do it outside to avoid...
9
9

Hinge receiver repair by welding?
The above are two photos of an 'hinge receiver' for a KitchenAid wall oven. The oven door does not close completely since the hinge parts are kind of loosey-goosey. Problem can be remedied by removing...
6
6

What is this forklift hydraulic part called
This is some sort of an inline filter, or check valve, or what? Looks like a thick pipe nipple on a hydraulic line. It is on a Caterpillar forklift. What does it do? Thanks i
2
2

Picture of the Gorton 2-28 milling machine
Gorton 2-28 we put in our shop. Still to be wired.
10
10

Picture of scrap junk trucks
Two trucks I am scrapping today
12
12

What is it? Set 491
I have answers for just the first and third ones this week and need some help with the rest. Rob
31
31

OT - "Round Up" herbicide
You can buy 18% Round Up concentrate for $30 a quart or you can buy 41% glyphosate for $28 (shipped) a _gallon_ ( or ). That's a 1/10 the price, adjusted for concentration and size. Never mind the...
25
25

Free!! V-belts
I have a steel "pallet box" filled with new old stock v-belts that needs to go away. Long ones, short ones, A/B/C v-belts of all types and styles Got machinery that needs V-belts? Come and get this...
33
33

Free-HAAS DFP Cable
Looking through some Haas stuff that came with the mill I just bought is a DFP extension cable. This cable must be 30 feet long! I have no use for it, can anyone here use it? Maybe someone on the East...
2
2

Who's goin to Eastec?
OR, Alternatively, who made it thru that fukn registration process?? AND, you gotta do it for each person you wanna take!! goodgawd.... I'm takin my buddy/single employee -- and of course, he's going...

seeing eye dog for old techs
A shout-out for a great service: If you need full-custom electronics in your new tool, you know how hard it is to find the ICs you need in DIP packages. Everything now comes in "Small Outline"...
56
56

USPTO
What a fine collection of hard working dedicated professionals they have working there... makes you proud. Erik
3
3

Toolholder tightening fixtures - CAT40
Like these: There are basically 3 types here: The first couple seem to have two parts, then the Huot clamp type, and toward the bottom, the kind I have, the "rotary" for $100, except mine is without...
6
6

Drill 1/16th inch hole through 8mm stainless steel rod?
Using ordinary tools, is that realistic? Talking about an 8mm hole sideways through the rod (from one side to the other), not down the center of the rod. Thanks.
50
50