Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: George Lopez joke
From the George Lopez show: What is the difference between the Pope and the Beatles? The Beatles made little girls scream. ----- technomaNge

semi OT: looking for custom foam grips supplier
We're looking for a company to supply us with foam grips for dog ropes. I've tried Gripworks but they haven't gotten back to me. Any suggestions? Thanks Karl
2
2

Anyone going to Names?
I'm heading down in the morning. Just wonderered who other than Brian Lawsom was was there. Wes
11
11

FS - Tree Journeyman 330 CNC mill
Located in Milwaukee, WI. (Brookfield, WI, 53005) Approximately 16 holders, original control, running. Decent shape. Need gone. Want the room. $1200.00 USD. You arrange shipping. Great deal for...
5
5

Huntsman headband question
I can't get this thing to work for anything. I know it is supposed to slip before it strips when you tighten it down, but it seems that I can hardly get it to fit snug enough on my head. I have a...
2
2

Possible to convert t-12 suspended ceiling lights?
I found a lot of used older florescents that were in a suspended ceiling in a lumber store. I bought this winter about 10 plug in t-8 lights that just hang on chains. (shop lights). Would it be...
4
4

Soil Compactor Bit?
I Googled unsuccessfully. I want to snap a "SDS plus" 'soil tamper' bit into my Bosch Chipping Hammer to compact soil as I fill old post holes. Has anyone done this? Shall I just weld a square 1/4"...
13
13

Epoxy coating
I found these on craigslist. What do you think for the garage/shop floor? http://nashville.craigslist.org/mat/1657327198.html
5
5

Milling speed question
A friend is coming over tomorrow night so we can mill some BMW calipers for his Porsche. Now, I'm no machinist, I guess I'm more of a machine collector. I just don't want to mess up the calipers, and...
16
16

OT: Proposed Open Source SEC Transparency regs
For afficianados of Windows requirements in regulatory language, note there's not a single mention of "Windows" in the whole 667 pages. ;-) also are proposing to require that, with some exceptions,...
9
9

Fast CNC & WD
Ok... my little toy mill is never going to scream like some of those machines featured in YouTube videos, but I was able to do some much faster than normal cutting in the last couple days. A lot of...
19
19

Marker paint that changes colour with heat
Marker paint that changes colour with heat - someone mentioned this to me and I wondered what it is called? - used for sweating out studs in aluminum castings and turns colour just before the Al...
7
7

Oildorado coming to Taft October 2010!
The town celebrates its birthday once every five years. But what a celebration it is! Ten candidates have so far filed applications to be Maids of Petroleum, and hopefully become Oildorado Queen....
2
2

Trailer brakes question
Today, I took a friend's trailer a few miles to pick up some material. It is a tandem axle 16' trailer. I looked back, and there was smoke pouring out of one wheel. I had just started from a stop, and...
15
15

Bandsaw Revisited
I'm about to throw out an "old" but unused bandsaw that I picked up two years ago. it turned out to be little more than garbage(with cast aluminum parts) that I couldn't find replacement parts for....
3
3