Subject Author Posted Replies

Personality Key
I am looking for an S-74 personality key. Thanks , Rick

beam deflection re. stress not force - useful?!
Hello everyone While doing the project "Rectangular Hollow Section beam calculator" (-> which I mentioned here as thread "web-based beam calculator - RHS's only" I needed a neat way to go from stress...
5
5

isn’t just for supercars...
Hi, Interesting article on 3d printing. Especially the shape of the parts they're coming up with: Additive manufacturing, or 3D printing as it's more commonly known, is more a tool for rapid...
1
1

Aluminum Coating
I do a little firearms tinkering, and I am currently in the process of building a 1911-22 with an aluminum frame. I'd like to coat/protect/colorize the frame of the pistol, but I'm at a loss as to...

Paging Jim Wilkins
Interesting gizmo for probing circuit boards. Looks a bit clunky for what I used to do but would be nice it you did a lot of the same board repairs :) Troubleshooting a circuit is easy, right? All you...
29
29

Magnetic Spring
I was looking at some advertising on Facebook while sitting in a parking lot waiting earlier today. A product that caught my eye was a fishing tool for trimming line among other things. One of the...
1
1

Harbor Freight Jack - Blew Out
The other day I was pressing something on the little 12 ton press. Over 20 years ago I swapped the Harbor Freight stock 12 ton jack for an air over hydraulic. It made it so much easier to use. In fact...
18
18

My day off this week - Some metalworking - Sorta
I've been trying to work on an aluminum boat for the last month or so, but its WAY TO FREAKING HOT outside. It used to belong to a friend. I was there and held his hand for a few hours the day he...
19
19

high strength threadlocker that can easily be undone with heat or something
I'm searching for a threadlocker suitable for locking a 5/8 chuck onto a drill with 390Nm of torque that won't undo when put in reverse, but I'd also like the threadlocker to be able to melt away with...
1
1

The Tank returns
When we got this SUV , my wife called it a tank because it is a few inches taller/longer/wider than the Mazda Tribute . Well , today The Tank came home from the "doctor" with a nearly-new "heart" ....
5
5

My Next Day Off
Its been over 110F every single day for about 3 weeks now. I tried to work outside on an old boat a couple days, but even under a popup shade it was pretty miserable. My wife said it was 118F...
14
14

web-based beam calculator - RHS's only
Hi. Been at it again. Having learned some PHP - the web-scripting langugage. My beam calculations written in Lisp - done as webpage version. "Rectangular Hollow Section beam calculations" Best wishes,...
31
31

I'm going to brake the rust
Or de-rust the brakes. Something down there makes scraping sounds when I turn. I began with the brakes because they are the easiest to inspect and clean, and have previously made contact noise due to...
5
5

I'm going to break the dash board...
Years ago I opened the dash on my 1978 F250 to fix the dash lights. The plastic back panel that held it all together disintegrated into little particles as I slid it forward and all the gages and bits...
6
6

I need a project ...
The 4Runner is being repaired (motor swap) by someone else , the truck only needs some minor carb tweaks (until i get the SUV back , then it gets an axle gear swap) , I don't have any payin' projects...
5
5