A very disturbing conversation

diagreeing with us? Thats quite allowed. Shooting at us..now that tends to make the shooters dead.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

So how come most of the troops I knew, hated LBJ? And Bill Clinton in later wars?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Chuckle...its obvious you have never been in the military.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

We don't have enough troops to do that. Native troops are proving unreliable, as they usually do, and our downsized military can't put enough men on the ground to achieve full control of the country.

We can't win this sort of war with air power or high tech weapons systems alone. We have to actually get down on the ground to take and *maintain* control. That requires massive manpower committed for the long haul.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Never served in combat. Don't say I regret that. Did serve in the military for 22 years and some change. My best man at my wedding came back from Viet Nam in a box. When this country decides to "go to war" I think we owe it to the people we send as our "cutting edge" to go on the same footing we did during WWII. The whole nation should be at war. Rationing, if needed, 100 percent effort. The guns and butter philosophy of Vietnam is unacceptable in my view. The young soldiers I've known are some of the finest young people our country has. They are not a bunch of losers who are "small loss". Whether Iraq was necessary or a "good idea" people more in the know than myself will have to learn. Whether we owe the young soldiers over there every possible support is beyond question.

bob g.

Andy Asberry wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

That's because it was a *cold* war. That's not what we're fighting now. We aren't fighting a superpower with a rational leadership who realized they had something very valuable to lose if they allowed the war to turn hot.

This time, our enemies don't think they have anything to lose. They have no industrial base we can attack. They have no large civilian populations (that they care about) which we can attack. Etc. As in Vietnam, all they have is the clothes on their backs, their weapons, and an implacable hatred of the forces occupying their lands.

Now how did Vietnam turn out?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

The first election was easy. Lets see if theres a 4th or 5th one and then call the job a success.

Gregm

Reply to
Greg Menke

Only 90%? Ah well, I guess if, say, china, invaded the US, you could find ten percent of the citizens to say it was OK with them....

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Because we put up the man, that's why. Now you answer why they keep shooting his helicopter down right by the palace....?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Different time, different place, my friend. Anyway we won that war with dollars. We could probably do the same thing in iraq, simply offer to buy out the insurgents with $84B per year.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

A good point. They're probably a bit older than the typical

19 yo recruit as well.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Um.. Gunner, you accuse Jim of biased and partisian?

Tell us all... do you Honestly see yourself as a unbiased Centerist?

Do you feel that ALL biased, partisian opinions are WRONG and only your fair, centerist opinions are correct?

James, Seattle

Reply to
RainLover

What in the hell are you talking about!?? Cambodia? Fire Support Bases? Swamps and Mosquitos? IN IRAQ?????

Ohhhhh, Wait a second here.... Mosquitoes. . . Mosques... Islam... I get it!

Bush never read the history books about what went so WRONG in Vietnam and is doing it all over again!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd think the Generals would have studied that stuff though....

Hm... what's this? As the Generals retire, THEY finally speak out against what's happening in Iraq... Do you think the Generals still over there are just worried about their CAREERS if they speak out?

Hmmm... interesting....

James, Seattle

Reply to
RainLover

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner wrote back on Mon, 18 Oct 2004 04:14:50 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

The example of the English getting their chops busted is "spin". Yeah, the first English army was massacred to the next to last man, but it was also lead by an incompetent. However, the next army which went into Afghanistan, kicked butt and issued names. Regime change in 1842.

Listening to the Leftists, Liberals and Libertarians, because a Republican fascist overthrew a charming third world country and dared to impose decadent western values by force, completely insensitive to the nuances of multiculturalism.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

The Them is the Fedayeen, the Baathists, the Jordanian and Palestinian and other assorted Fundamentalist terrorists that we are killing In Iraq.

Don't read the news much huh?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

It's the old joke:

"I lost my wallet down the street."

"Why are you looking for it over here?"

"Because it's brighter under the streetlight here."

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

And the first nationwide elections the British or the Russians or etc etc occured when exactly?

Seems to me to be a rather good start, and a far far better job than anyone else has managed to accomplish.

Get back to me in 5 yrs and one of us can appologize.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Im sure they do. Now lets see the questions asked and the responses.

Several polls showed the Iraqis wanted the US out. And a number of them showed the Iraqis wanted the US out after the bruha was over.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Spit! Hell no! Im an unappolgetic Conservative.

Centrist only means you straddle the fence. Which often times is very hard on the crotch.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Well, there are the Quislings who have tied their lives and fortunes to the US occupation forces, and then there are a certain number of the insurgents who like having US targets nearby. It saves them a long airplane ride when they want to kill Americans.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman