Aloris Follow Rest & Lathe Hoist

A few people wanted to see a photo of the tool post follow rest attachment I made to turn down some thin shafts. I plan to make a larger one from a proper chunk of steel, but this one works pretty well. Also put in a couple of shots of a WWII bomb hoist I found on Ebay for $10 bucks. Makes a great hoist to lift my 12" chucks on and off the lathe. It has a neat planetary drive inside and a fool proof clutch that prevents freewheeling....this might have been an issue with its former occupation.

oldjag