amerika and uk: war crimes?

Great fish, silly fish. Your little trout are smarter and warier.

Dumber than char, but also a great fish.

Don't forget the bears. I haven't done this in Quebec, but at Great Slave Lake and points north, NWT. There's no shore lunch without bears. They keep you from relaxing too much.

The 30-pound lake trout and the big Canadian trips are great. So are the

8-inch brook trout in the little brooks you can step across. Enjoy them all.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Right again, and we don't want to make decisions, we want to make money!!! You want to see some decision making? Let somebody screw-up the ability to make money of someboby with some power...you'll see some decisions, you might see some funerals too.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

i wonder do you feel that this is something to be proud of?

Reply to
brain death

Fair question! I have no power therfor I have no feeling of responsibility. Anyway, human life is cheap and has always been treated so. Besides, you can't be in Heaven unless you're dead.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Well I can not go out in my yard in summer without a chance of meeting a bear . Good thing I am a ways from any Griz . I have never been very concerned by the bears , in fact I kinda look forward to them each year . When my youngest son was 8 he had a cougar get two feet behind him while picking up potatoes in garden . My nieces husband was able to keep him from running as it spit and snarled at them . By the time I got there the cat was long gone . Not many brookies near me , mostly rainbows . In winter lakers can be had on the surface with trolled plugs . Funny thing but no one fishes for lakers here in summer . I suspect it is they go so deep to get away from the heat . If you ever get out to B.C. let me know . I can not garantee any big ones but it is still a nice way to spend the day . Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

When you're cooking lake trout on an island and a half-dozen blackies get wind of it, and the water is to your back and the boats are tied up, and the blackies want to be friendly with your lake trout, you relationship with them is different.

The grizzlies, fortunately, walk by and then you don't see them again for days. They cruise a big territory. The blackies are like pets up there -- until they're not.

I was sleeping in a plywood cabin that was raised off the ground on stilts one morning, about 90 miles east of Yellowknife, just as the sun was coming up (2:00 AM), when a blackie decided to breakfast on the PVC water pipes under the cabin -- for the third or fourth time. The camp manager was ready for him. He didn't realize I was sleeping in (2:01 AM), so he shot the blackie with a .30/30 just as he was under my bed, about five feet below. Blackie jumped up when he was shot, damned near knocking me out of bed and pounding the bottom of the cabin like a bass drum from hell.

Probably. I've fished for them in the summer in Lake Seneca in New York. They're deep, you troll with lead-core or Monel line, you bring the fish in belly-up and bloated from coming up too fast, and they have all the fight of a dead carp. It's not worth it.

In Great Slave, which is a homogonized lake that never thermoclines, you can catch them at any time at any depth. We caught them on surface plugs like bass; trolling through a school of alewives with gulls circling overhead as the trout slashed through the bait, like they were bluefish; and down at

100+ feet, on lead jigs. Fantastic fishing.

It sounds like it, Ken. I'd surely like a fishing trip out west. Maybe when the manufacturing magazine business picks up.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I always bank a couple of rocks together on the way to the outhouse and sing...I don't know which sounds worse to the bears, as long as they let me read the "Enquirer" in peace. Now if I could keep the black flies away...

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'll grant you the beer, as long as you stay away from Labatt or Molson (panther piss that it is).

So what makes you think we haven't already been taken over? Oh, sure, the Gov't makes a stink about Canadian this and Canadian that, but really. Besides, then my taxes would drop in half :-) Well, ok, we say please and thank you, and excuse me even when it's not our fault but there aren't _that_ many differences. Yes, our PM is elected but it's not a very good system. He got in with fewer than half the votes too.

We have guns, if you consider a musket a gun that is. Our Army is actually pretty good given the pea-shooters they're given.

So you guys would annex Quebec (please!)? Actually they have hydro electric power - take 'em over. :-)

Most countries shoot traitors - Canada allows them to run in politics, funds them and gives them a pension. We're just so darn nice :-)

James.

Reply to
James Watt