B&D toaster oven thermostat

A friend asked me to look at her broken toaster oven. I found a burned-through connection on the thermostat. I can silver "solder" a fix, but the nature of the element is confusing & I'm afraid that my "fix" will subvert its function.

The element is a sorta-corrugated strip of steel(?) that is current carrying. It is not needed to carry current, as a connection could more easily be made without it. I'm thinking that is a heater.

Anybody know?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt